Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Accepting the car and letting them send it to a repair shop is risky. Once you accept ... its yours no matter what. Changing out the door card is a good fix ... if they have the part. If they don't have the part they may ask you to accept and they will order the part. To me that's acceptable. So far, the only reason I would reject is the scratch.
Thank you so much.

The scratches have been buffed out pretty well :)

Reactions: zoomer0056
I’ve now had my LR for a week. No issues. Took it on a short road trip a little over an hour each way and went over 80mph multiple times with no vibration. Much better to drive than my 2023 model 3. Best part that same trip last week I made in the 3 with 100% charge and barely made it home and had to limit how fast I was going on the highway to conserve battery. The LR only used 47% of the battery and the estimated range on arrival actually went up while driving 80 mph. I’m very happy with the car and hope other owners have the same experience.

My update to contribute to the news:
  • Ordered on Nov. 6 (Plaid with Supercharging transfer)
  • Original delivery window was Nov. 25 - Dec. 16
  • Delivery date started floating backward one day at a time about a week ago
  • Received VIN (2023) on Dec. 1
  • 'Ready for Delivery' scheduling on Dec. 2
  • Picking it up Dec. 4 (and will report back here on anything of note)
So like a few others on here, no news for a month and then boom, ready, done.

Well that escalated quickly. Picking up Monday (12/4) at Colma (Bay Area). :D

MS - Ultra Red - 19" - Black interior - steering wheel

I'm surprised I went from no VIN to delivery.

Who are folks using for financing? Thanks!
Went with BoA since I already have a checking account with them. I couldn't do Navy Fed since I do not qualify.

72 months @ 5.94% APR w/ 0 down.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Question. I’ve never had a car with staggered wheels. I contacted Tesla through Tesla app and they said no rotations whatsoever but said tires may wear out early. What is everyone planning on doing ? Just alignment? Service said no side to side either
The manual online would be a good read or the dozens of threads on the topic tire rotation. I personally haven’t done it in either Tesla and haven’t had an issue.

Reactions: TSLA Pilot
Question. I’ve never had a car with staggered wheels. I contacted Tesla through Tesla app and they said no rotations whatsoever but said tires may wear out early. What is everyone planning on doing ? Just alignment? Service said no side to side either
My 2022 MSLR is at 15,000 miles now. The fronts are in great shape with equal wear on both tires. The rears are in good shape (more wear than fronts), also with equal wear on both. I will not do side to side or alignment, not needed.

Home delivery was delayed this morning due to slow processing for my temporary tag here in Texas. Got a call mid-day that the temporary tag is ready and I can come pick it up. Heading there in an hour. 😀
Had a great experience at the Pond Springs location here in Austin today. Staff were friendly and professional. Car looks fantastic. My only complaint is that the frunk is misaligned just enough at the top (nearest the windshield) that it looked too close to the driver’s side A pillar. Staff helped me check functionality and there’s no contact. I’ll probably have it realigned in the near future. Otherwise the car passed a pretty rigorous inspection by my wife and I. She’s a car guy, too.

Everything went much more smoothly than anticipated and I’m thrilled with this car. Thank you all for the kind support and information in this thread. Much appreciated.

IMG_6734.jpeg

Had a great experience at the Pond Springs location here in Austin today. Staff were friendly and professional. Car looks fantastic. My only complaint is that the frunk is misaligned just enough at the top (nearest the windshield) that it looked too close to the driver’s side A pillar. Staff helped me check functionality and there’s no contact. I’ll probably have it realigned in the near future. Otherwise the car passed a pretty rigorous inspection by my wife and I. She’s a car guy, too.

Everything went much more smoothly than anticipated and I’m thrilled with this car. Thank you all for the kind support and information in this thread. Much appreciated.

View attachment 995895
Congrats!

• Love
Reactions: chukieboy and teko
The rest of the planet does not do it that way. There is a time lag between production and delivery. Under your proposal many people will stop buying in December knowing the new model year is just around the corner. What is Tesla going to do with all the cars they build in December that are still 23's? Who is going to buy that car after @12/15? Or worse come January 2024 who is going to want a 2023 model year. I picked up my 2020 MX 12/20/19. I think it would be worse to have 2023 models in inventory come 1/1/2024
If there is no feature change between model years - 50% from this very forum will buy (especially people who plan to keep the car for more than a few years). Worst case for Tesla - give small discount.

View attachment 995895
What is your config?

I’ve now had my LR for a week. No issues. Took it on a short road trip a little over an hour each way and went over 80mph multiple times with no vibration. Much better to drive than my 2023 model 3. Best part that same trip last week I made in the 3 with 100% charge and barely made it home and had to limit how fast I was going on the highway to conserve battery. The LR only used 47% of the battery and the estimated range on arrival actually went up while driving 80 mph. I’m very happy with the car and hope other owners have the same experience.
2020 model 3 not 2023

At thr delivery center to pick up my car.

There are a few minor issues. But the biggest concern I have is multiple scratchs on the hood.

They are trying to buff it out but is it worth taking the delivery if they can't fix it?
Refuse it and just get a 2024 Model Year . . . serves two positive purposes:

1. Helps Tesla learn that delivering damaged cars is NOT a good thing and that it needs to stop; and,

2. Gets you a 2024 Model Year car (maybe) vs. a 2023.

Let us know how it goes!

Reactions: Gpa9504