Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I messaged in the app after receiving a VIN. I haven't paid anything more than $250. I asked for my order to be put on hold because I will be out of the country.
They never respond to my messages / questions in the app. It's kind of annoying. I guess I can go through the woman who called me from the actual place I'll be picking up the car on delivery day.

Reactions: zoomer0056
2 days post delivery of my new MSP(Previous MSLR owner)..... general comments. Love the car, engineering, etc....
Service/Delivery Center drives me crazy......
- Noticeable scuffs scratches on rear bumper + paint rubbed off where bumper meets body line. Was able to be compounded out by PPF installers. Waiting on what they are going to do RE: body line problem.
- A tad disappointed in Stealth Gray... thought the paint was "Better" more dust nibs than on my previous MSM which was near perfect.
- Mis-agligned front fender, but overall better fit/finish than my 21 MSLR.
- Filthy in and out... tape all over interior, dirt(seemed like grocery stuff) in trunk
- Mentioned how dirty it was, he grabbed a microfiber and some spray and just started rubbing on the dirt. but it was OK because it was waterless wash:eek:
- Transport tape glue all over the body and trim.... that stuff is TOUGH
- Yes, 30-40 Vibration is there
- 19's ride SOOOO much better than Arachnids
Sounds like Tesla does not train the folks that load and unload the cars. I don't know why this is so hard. Maybe the delivery folks were passed over for promotion to giga TX.

Had someone check with the same dealership today that we spoke to in October. He advised her not to place the order yet for a 24 VIN. He asked her to call back at the end of this week and said he may be able to give her the green light.
Deliveries seem to be averaging 5 weeks from order date. Tesla typically switches to new year VIN between mid November and mid December. Assuming you order now your delivery would likely be 2-3rd week in January and the car would have likely been built after the average cut over date. I wonder why the “dealer” believes the vins will switch so late this year

Deliveries seem to be averaging 5 weeks from order date. Tesla typically switches to new year VIN between mid November and mid December. Assuming you order now your delivery would likely be 2-3rd week in January and the car would have likely been built after the average cut over date. I wonder why the “dealer” believes the vins will switch so late this year
Why do you say 5 weeks? If you hadn't said that, and somebody asked me the question I would have said 3-4 weeks from my informal survey.