Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see a lot of people talking about assistants. I've never had one of those. How do you get one lol? - serious question
It is really specific to the person. I started with a virtual assistant on Upwork. Still have her 4 years later. She is amazing and I pay her $3.50 an hour. I now also have a full-time in-person one I hired on Indeed. There is a great book called Buy Back Your Time, that will give you some advice.

It is really specific to the person. I started with a virtual assistant on Upwork. Still have her 4 years later. She is amazing and I pay her $3.50 an hour. I now also have a full-time in-person one I hired on Indeed. There is a great book called Buy Back Your Time, that will give you some advice.
I was asking about these Tesla Sales Assistants that everybody seems to be getting assigned. I went into the app, ordered my car and that's it. I have not had any human communication with Tesla regarding my order.

Reactions: Gpa9504
PSA: Tesla apparently can assign the same car after two weeks’ hold. This is exactly what happened to me. Obviously, no one else decided to buy it during this period.
Apparently, Tesla can assign the same car twice (with the original assignment - it is actually 3rd time). The car matching, according to Tesla, is automated, and there is no way, as Tesla puts it, to 'proactively exclude' a car from being matched again and again. Instead, Tesla just placed my order on hold one more time. The second hold expired again two weeks late, and the same car was assigned...

Mind me asking how much an in-person one cost you? I'm actually quite interested in this.

Apparently, Tesla can assign the same car twice (with the original assignment - it is actually 3rd time). The car matching, according to Tesla, is automated, and there is no way, as Tesla puts it, to 'proactively exclude' a car from being matched again and again. Instead, Tesla just placed my order on hold one more time. The second hold expired again two weeks late, and the same car was assigned...
Totally crazy. You asked for a hold and they Held the car You custom ordered! That’s crazy.