Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't most of the previous minor "refreshes" been somewhat of a surprise? I didn't really pay much attention to what was going on over the past 5 years seeing as my car stopped getting any kind of upgrades after 2020 really (few little easter eggs here and there).

MSLR Stealth/Cream 19” steering wheel order date 11/16

I stopped by the factory in Fremont and got an update. My car is scheduled for VIN and build on Friday 12/22. He said it will be a 2023 and that the 2024 cars will not have any changes.
That is awesome. Mostly that you were able to stop by and find someone that could provide you more information about your order. I wish that our local advisors had access to the same information so that we could all get better ideas of what is going on with our orders.

For example, my local advisor told me that they weren't building any Plaids in December. So even though the app keeps trying to get my hopes up, I still remember what the advisor said so I'm not holding my breath for a 2023 delivery.

Reactions: jonsonneborn
I smell the bullshitake. The more they repeat there will be no changes for 2024 model year, the more I believe there will be. Just the fact that 2023 is stretched out to the last day and possibly beyond I think is indicator that some changes are coming.
Unless they're refreshing every single model, I doubt the model year dilemma has anything to do with refreshes. I haven't read of any 2024's being delivered in the US whatsoever

Keep in mind Tesla Store Employees are known internally as "Customer Facing Assets"

They might as well call them them Mushrooms, because like the Customers they face, are kept in the dark and fed Bull****.

Until I hear if the Fremont lines being shutdown for retooling, I believe any changes will be minor to none.

Reactions: msm859 and teko
Unless they're refreshing every single model, I doubt the model year dilemma has anything to do with refreshes. I haven't read of any 2024's being delivered in the US whatsoever
It’s not impossible that’s the case actually. 3 is getting highland. Y will probably get the minor updates they already introduced in China (basically bringing some of the highland changes to the Y). Question is are S/X Getting anything.

It’s not impossible that’s the case actually. 3 is getting highland. Y will probably get the minor updates they already introduced in China (basically bringing some of the highland changes to the Y). Question is are S/X Getting anything.
I heard from my friend's uncle's neighbor who is on a roller derby team with a guy who is a lawyer for the trash company that picks up at Freemont that he was talking to a lady that works on the line for the Model S body in white and she said that all 2024 Model S and X cars will come with a front bumper camera, ambient lighting, and new sport seats for the Plaid starting January 2nd. However, she also said that they would be using 2023 VINs until April 1, 2024 because some idiot ordered too many 2023 VINs. /s

It's also possible that I have gone crazy waiting for my new car 😉

Same. FUSC works just fine on existing car until new car arrives.

It's crazy how much FUD goes on in this forum. 🙄
Once I got my VIN I went in and signed the FUSC document on 12/2. Supercharged all the way until 12/16 when I picked up my new 2023 S. Once I clicked the deliver button in the app after I paid via Plaid I got an email saying the FUSC was transferred to my new car. Despite the language in the agreement when I log into my account the 2023 model S says free unlimited supercharging just like my 2016. (The agreement just says free supercharging for the new car, it doesn’t reference unlimited). A couple of issues on the car but nothing I can’t live with. I was looking at my wife’s 2023 Acura MDX and realized the hood space isn’t even either and neither are all the other panels….so it turns out if you look hard enough you will find something. 🤣🤣 Helped me get over the dreaded panel gaps fear.

I took delivery of my MSLR Ultimate Red. Everything was perfect. I was trying to find defects - but didn’t find any (or I wasn’t looking hard enough). The only thing I noticed was when the door handle presents or goes back, there is a whirring sound. The delivery person said it is normal. But I don’t remember hearing it in my 2016 MS 85D.

I took delivery of my MSLR Ultimate Red. Everything was perfect. I was trying to find defects - but didn’t find any (or I wasn’t looking hard enough). The only thing I noticed was when the door handle presents or goes back, there is a whirring sound. The delivery person said it is normal. But I don’t remember hearing it in my 2016 MS 85D.
The handles do whirr, unlike my old 85D, so between us, it's normal.

The handles when extended, are sending some sort of high frequency buzzing sound. When I get close it changes. I'm thinking maybe it's Dojo?

Did you check the seats for wrinkles?

I smell the bullshitake. The more they repeat there will be no changes for 2024 model year, the more I believe there will be. Just the fact that 2023 is stretched out to the last day and possibly beyond I think is indicator that some changes are coming.
I believe the reason they continue to make 2023s for as long as possible is a business decision.

Think about this: the market is watching closely to see how many cars tesla ships each quarter. This materially impacts the stock price. The market is watching to see if price decreases impacted weakening sales of Model S/X. Tesla is going to make 23 VINs for as long as possible to include them in the quarterly numbers.

That's my conspiracy theory. 😝