Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Accepting the new specs doesn't mean anything. I got re-assigned a '23 VIN a week after accepting the changes following some ordering hijinks to try and game the system...

I would say your case is atypical. Consider yourself special. Fixed the above for you. ;)

As for the rest of us.... If someone who didn't try and game the system AND either ordered just before/after the New Year or accepted the requested 6 Jan changes AND gets assigned a '23 VIN, I will gladly stand corrected. I'll stand by.

Last edited:
I would say your case is atypical. Consider yourself special. Fixed the above for you. ;)

As for the rest of us.... If someone who didn't try and game the system AND either ordered just before/after the New Year or accepted the requested 6 Jan changes AND gets assigned a '23 VIN, I will gladly stand corrected. I'll stand by.
I think they will assign you a '23 if there is one in stock that matches your specs. Doesn't matter what you accepted.

I copied this as I was clicking those final things to accept delivery early this week.

The scscreenshoI took is titled "Abritation Provision" but the text says "See the Arbritation Provision for additional information." I was looking for the agreement that needs to be signed and sent in.

Is this circular logic or is the Provision and assuming the referenced agreement tucked away elsewhere?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240120_110442_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240120_110442_Gallery.jpg
    364.1 KB · Views: 17
Ordered Dec 13, EDD Feb 4 - March 17th.
Hoping for an upgraded yoke (no, not a wheel...wow, there are some passionate haters!). But if not, plan to get a wrap - some sort of alcantara or microfiber or similar.
Been lurking here for a few months, first post, first Tesla, super-impressed by the amount of useful information on TMC. Thanks for everybody's helpful contributions. Intention was to add a fun performance car to the mix with tons of technology, integrating two long-term hobbies. Looks like the 2021 refresh is a great time to dive in...

Ordered Dec 13, EDD Feb 4 - March 17th.
Hoping for an upgraded yoke (no, not a wheel...wow, there are some passionate haters!). But if not, plan to get a wrap - some sort of alcantara or microfiber or similar.
Been lurking here for a few months, first post, first Tesla, super-impressed by the amount of useful information on TMC. Thanks for everybody's helpful contributions. Intention was to add a fun performance car to the mix with tons of technology, integrating two long-term hobbies. Looks like the 2021 refresh is a great time to dive in...
Omg we have the exact same EDD haha

All Model S windshields are warped to some degree. Just an fyi. What kind of warping are you seeing? I see obvious ripples across the windshield of any Model S refresh I’ve been in. It’s really easy to see when looking at the diagonal corner furthest from you when going round a corner.
The ripples I’m willing to live with now. The new one has blotches where the ripples aren’t and they are near the center of the field of view in addition to a horizontal mid line distortion.

Reactions: zoomer0056
All Model S windshields are warped to some degree. Just an fyi. What kind of warping are you seeing? I see obvious ripples across the windshield of any Model S refresh I’ve been in. It’s really easy to see when looking at the diagonal corner furthest from you when going round a corner.
Hmm, I’m usually pretty sensitive to that sort of thing and I can’t say I’ve noticed any significant ripples in mine. Then again, I can’t say I have to look at the diagonal corner all that much while driving. The rear window very much has them though

Hmm, I’m usually pretty sensitive to that sort of thing and I can’t say I’ve noticed any significant ripples in mine. The. Again, I can’t say I have to look at the diagonal corner all that much while driving. The rear window very much has them though
I do notice when turning right corners since I do look to the other side of the windshield. My wife in the passenger seat notices it in my side when taking left turns and doing the opposite. Thankfully you don’t notice it right in front of you. Just the opposite side.

Greater than zero chance some new cars will still have this...as well as other defects.

But more to the point, I don't see a front camera on the new car, not sure if I see any ambient lighting tubes in the interior shot.

Can anyone make out the new horn? It would suck if the first '24"s did not have this at least.

Greater than zero chance some new cars will still have this...as well as other defects.

But more to the point, I don't see a front camera on the new car, not sure if I see any ambient lighting tubes in the interior shot.

Can anyone make out the new horn? It would suck if the first '24"s did not have this at least.
I don't think we will know until pickup time.

Reactions: aerodyne
Nice find Teko,

It looks like both Long Range and Plaid Models S orders are finally updating!

Raze814 has a order date 11/27/23 Model S Long Range in NJ and he now has a EDD of Feb 1 to Feb 21.

I have an order date of 12/2/23 for Model S Plaid in CT and now I have an EDD of Feb 3 to Mar 9.

It looks like the Plaids have a longer window but at least we are seeing movement again!