Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
White Plaid at 8:36?

Capture.JPG

Agreed. Would never do it. In fact, I'll never do anything other than factory delivery since I live close.
Why? I did home delivery for one and it was great. They drop it off and gave me about 5 hours to inspect it and accept delivery. I found some interior things I wasn't happy with so I rejected it. They came and took it back about an hour later. So I didn't have to waste any time gong to the delivery center and back.

For the replacement vehicle they didn't offer home delivery, so I had to go there to get it. I would have preferred home delivery again.

To further to OT discussion...

Every home experience we have had with Tesla has been great and all our Service and Collision Center (yes, they have one of those in Austin now) visits have been fine. We've had better experiences with other vehicle makers, but not many and not as reasonable or easy to deal with.

I love the app as well. I have had zero issues ever getting responses, regardless of the issue from orders to service to wall connector hijinks. This both in messaging and in direct phone calls. It has been my experience that I have always been able to deal with a human when it has been absolutely necessary to do so.

Sorry everyone hasn't had the type of experience we have, but it's one of the reasons I am sticking with Tesla, regardless of the price.

Why? I did home delivery for one and it was great. They drop it off and gave me about 5 hours to inspect it and accept delivery. I found some interior things I wasn't happy with so I rejected it. They came and took it back about an hour later. So I didn't have to waste any time gong to the delivery center and back.

For the replacement vehicle they didn't offer home delivery, so I had to go there to get it. I would have preferred home delivery again.
I was not able to be at home when they delivered due to work. So they left the car on the street in front of the house. Its very hard to inspect a car in a street with cars going by not to mention right up next to a curb. Not to mention you can’t get inside the vehicle, can’t test drive without accepting delivery.

I’m convinced Tesla’s actions are to push customers to accept vehicles they know aren’t fit for delivery. These things have been documented on this forum. Delivering cars with damage, dirty interiors, incorrectly installed interior panels etc.

So they left the car on the street in front of the house. Its very hard to inspect a car in a street with cars going by not to mention right up next to a curb.
I could see that wouldn't be ideal. They left it in my driveway, but even on the street there isn't much traffic in my neighborhood.

Not to mention you can’t get inside the vehicle,
I asked and they remotely unlocked it for me and let me inspect inside.

can’t test drive without accepting delivery.
That is no different taking delivery at the factory or a delivery center.

To further to OT discussion...

Every home experience we have had with Tesla has been great and all our Service and Collision Center (yes, they have one of those in Austin now) visits have been fine. We've had better experiences with other vehicle makers, but not many and not as reasonable or easy to deal with.

I love the app as well. I have had zero issues ever getting responses, regardless of the issue from orders to service to wall connector hijinks. This both in messaging and in direct phone calls. It has been my experience that I have always been able to deal with a human when it has been absolutely necessary to do so.

Sorry everyone hasn't had the type of experience we have, but it's one of the reasons I am sticking with Tesla, regardless of the price.
Same for me on every interaction. Polite, and friendly for any visit. Especially home service which is still impressive to me. Going to my work/home to accommodate my schedule is unheard of from Any OEM I have ever dealt with. Even when we had an unfortunate accident they kept me updated throughout the process and turned a tragic event into a rather painless and smooth experience. Didn’t get fancy lattes or back rub‘s but I wasn’t expecting any.

With proper compression and rebound tuning, air suspensions aren't bouncy by nature. The only real difference between air and spring is that you can tune spring rate frequency progressively based on current spring compression by changing the windings at different parts of the spring.
Yup the refresh is bouncy. A known issue. Software has mitigated it some but it’s still there.

In 2015, Tesla was the best service I'd ever experienced. I was totally sold. It's now the worst and not just by a little bit. The bar is so low that I truly believe it has changed what they can charge for vehicles, especially their flagship vehicles. I'd be willing to pay far more if I knew I was buying a quality product that with quality service when there are issues. If Tesla hadn't lowered the prices, I'd have never ordered the MSP after my last experience. If service had maintained it's previous levels of excellence, I'd happily pay $150K for the MSP.

Being able to communicate only through the app wouldn't be so bad if they didn't ignore every message I ever sent. And things like, "You're car will be ready for pickup at 4:30", then 10 minutes before getting there in the uber, getting a message saying they need to keep the car an extra day even though they already knew I was headed out of town that night....which wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't already taken 1.5 weeks to do what they originally estimated would be 4 days. Then the constant, "it's within spec", but not showing me the spec. Can't reproduce. We don't fix dash rattles after the first 100 miles. etc, etc, etc.
Back when they delivered 135 cars a day

Reactions: empiredown
For Porsche I’m referring to the ordering process on the higher end cars. ADMs, wait lists, etc. One of the reasons I even got a Tesla was because of how simple and painless it is to order one.
Porsche is definitely the Rolex AD of the car world… you’re not getting a GT3 allocation until you buy at least a few Cayennes, 718s, and a plebe 911 or two. ;)

Missed it by 2 months. Not sure why they took 2 years to fix this obvious mistake. Guess they had a bunch of parts to turn through.

Glad it’s rolling out. Hopefully it can be retrofitted.
So I noticed the steering wheel retrofit is out of stock in the store. Maybe I’m being optimistic, but I think they’re probably gearing up to replace that with the new retrofit.

I also heard this next patch gains the horn but haven’t heard any confirms on ambient lighting on the front camera. We’ll see.
Okay...

Just had 5 minutes to go through a new 2024 Model
with a Jan. 2024 build date. It's a new demo vehicle with 11 miles on it.

Confirmed: 1) New steering wheel with center horn like the '24 MX. 2) No Ambient lights. 3) No front camera. Everything else looks exactly the same.

Sorry, no pics. I can try to go back tomorrow.

I'm a bit disappointed... maybe we can expect another mid year refresh for the other items, maybe not

Okay...

Just had 5 minutes to go through a new 2024 Model
with a Jan. 2024 build date. It's a new demo vehicle with 11 miles on it.

Confirmed: 1) New steering wheel with center horn like the '24 MX. 2) No Ambient lights. 3) No front camera. Everything else looks exactly the same.

Sorry, no pics. I can try to go back tomorrow.

I'm a bit disappointed... maybe we can expect another mid year refresh for the other items, maybe not
As I expected. Was this an MS or MSP?