Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How did you fix them?
I looked through this forum and found possible causes. 1 was the housing behind the screen was loose so i readjusted it and seems good. I also applied foam under the frunk hinges and put foam around the black plastic molding covering what’s under the hood to keep that from rattling and shaking. I added some foam kind in the corner of the door near where the mirror meets the door when it is opened but I’m not sure that did anything.

Tesla has resorted to using a few more tricks to pump this efficiency numbers up since your P85 though. Stuff like removing the ability to change regen intensity, mandatory one pedal driving and such.

I think I've posted elsewhere - I was able to meet rated range on our old 70D (which is basically same tech as your P85, just much slower). Anything newer I don't get close.
The EPA plays a large role here. The tests for both gas powered cars and EVs have been inadequate for decades. The lab testing for range should not be the only number displayed. Even 75mph around a track until it runs out would be more useful information than current range.

Big increases in Model S Inventory in US over the past few days up to 341.

2024 units now make up 135 of the total, all Long Range. All 2024's are New except 1 unit in Nevada has been identified as a Demo.

Still zero 2024 Plaids.

1706713739447.png

Is it possible that some regulatory approval is holding the actual VIN assignments?
Seems possible. Maybe @terranx comments on the late-breaking EPA filings related to the 2024 EPA efficiency measurement changes are holding the 2024 VIN assignments up. EDIT: recall that the LR stated range of 405 miles did not change recently, as the Plaid and other Tesla models did. A revised estimate may actually be needed before sales can commence? Or not. Just a WAG.

Last edited:
Is it possible that some regulatory approval is holding the actual VIN assignments?
Maybe they gamed the testing on the LR a little too much and the EPA is pushing back.

I had no problem beating the rating on my 85D, 290 vs 268 wh/mi actual over several years, including cross country trip.

However, my '22 has a much harder time with 239 wh/mi since new, debatable what the EPA number is since I cannot figure out how to display that on the screen like you could with toolbox on the 85D.

Nice to hear something good about the PZeros. Not my choice but they are wearing well.

Maybe they gamed the testing on the LR a little too much and the EPA is pushing back.

I had no problem beating the rating on my 85D, 290 vs 268 wh/mi actual over several years, including cross country trip.

However, my '22 has a much harder time with 239 wh/mi since new, debatable what the EPA number is since I cannot figure out how to display that on the screen like you could with toolbox on the 85D.

Nice to hear something good about the PZeros. Not my choice but they are wearing well.

EPA rating on the Palladium LR with 19" wheels appears to be 238 wh/mi according to Teslamate.
That makes sense with 405 miles corresponding to 96.4kWh usable.
I was able to achieve that this summer when driving on small highways going about 55mph.

My old 2018 P100D with 19" wheels had 310 wh/mi

My average efficiency at 70-80 degrees on my LR is 90%. I also achieved 90% EPA on my old P100D at those same temperatures.
If I filter to 25 miles minimum drive distance, my LR best is 94% efficiency at 70 degrees, while my P100D best is 93% at 90 degrees.

Last edited:

2024 units now make up 135 of the total, all Long Range. All 2024's are New except 1 unit in Nevada has been identified as a Demo.

Still zero 2024 Plaids.

View attachment 1013932

Still zero 2024 Plaids.

View attachment 1013932
Hey dn325ci, where do you source this data? Does it show Plaids separately?

Still zero 2024 Plaids.

View attachment 1013932
Yeah, it seems odd to have so many cars going straight into inventory and no one is getting matched with a '24 VIN. I've only seen one person report they received a VIN. Maybe these are intended to match up with orders already on the books, but they can't sell them, so they are staging them where they need to be?

Anyone else identify a car in inventory that matches your build, in your location?

Yeah, it seems odd to have so many cars going straight into inventory and no one is getting matched with a '24 VIN. I've only seen one person report they received a VIN. Maybe these are intended to match up with orders already on the books, but they can't sell them, so they are staging them where they need to be?

Anyone else identify a car in inventory that matches your build, in your location?
For what its worth, considering the source, I talked to sales advisor and he said there is a vehicle allocated to me that will be available sooner than the one shown on the web site and that VIN will be assigned today or tomorrow. So it would appear there are cars that are not shown in public system but which are allocated to the orders which tracks with how it was before. Why there are no VINs assigned is separate issue, but it could be some kind of regulatory approval.

Unrelated... What do you think the value of an early 2022 car is compared to a 2021? I recently saw a '22 Plaid (delivered Dec '21) show up for sale. It doesn't have any of the 2022 updates, so functionally it should be identical to a 2021. But, you know, the magic increased resale of 2022 MY.

Red Plaid, 19" wheels, white interior, yoke, FSD, 10k miles. $75k
Similar 2021 cars seem to be going for $70k, though usually with 20k miles.

I think if the 2024 Plaids start shipping and there are no updates other than the horn, I might be tempted to go used for $70k with FSD.

Reactions: dn325ci

Tesla told me today since they dont produce 2023 models anymore
If i want the car i need to pay more
They wont built one for us

• Funny
Reactions: teko
Unrelated... What do you think the value of an early 2022 car is compared to a 2021? I recently saw a '22 Plaid (delivered Dec '21) show up for sale. It doesn't have any of the 2022 updates, so functionally it should be identical to a 2021. But, you know, the magic increased resale of 2022 MY.

Red Plaid, 19" wheels, white interior, yoke, FSD, 10k miles. $75k
Similar 2021 cars seem to be going for $70k, though usually with 20k miles.

I think if the 2024 Plaids start shipping and there are no updates other than the horn, I might be tempted to go used for $70k with FSD.
For me, and I am totally wrong guy to ask 🤣 since I don't think FSD will be real even on HW4 cars, its too expensive. For me.

Reactions: aerodyne