Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For me, and I am totally wrong guy to ask 🤣 since I don't think FSD will be real even on HW4 cars, its too expensive. For me.
Yes, too expensive new. Though, I'd probably subscribe to it. I think it provides some value now. I might actually drop my subscription when they merge the FSD beta into the main release. I would assume that would give AP the same level of performance on the highway as FSD. Maybe that already happened, I'm not sure. I haven't had a car since Nov.

On used cars, FSD costs practically nothing extra, so it seems like a no brainer to find a car with FSD.

Yes, too expensive new. Though, I'd probably subscribe to it. I think it provides some value now. I might actually drop my subscription when they merge the FSD beta into the main release. I would assume that would give AP the same level of performance on the highway as FSD. Maybe that already happened, I'm not sure. I haven't had a car since Nov.

On used cars, FSD costs practically nothing extra, so it seems like a no brainer to find a car with FSD.
I did a 1 month FSD test for the month of October, and didn't find any operational difference between FSD and AP on the features both share.

However, both wheel torque and gaze nags are way higher on FSD than AP. I actually prefer the less naggy AP to FSD, so FSD is negative value to me.

I did a 1 month FSD test for the month of October, and didn't find any operational difference between FSD and AP on the features both share.

However, both wheel torque and gaze nags are way higher on FSD than AP. I actually prefer the less naggy AP to FSD, so FSD is negative value to me.
The nags are more annoying, but I think the same FSD nags are coming to AP, if they aren't already there now.

Last time I compared the two was July of last year and FSD was a lot better than AP. Comparing two HW3 cars. It's possible by October they were running the same code.

Reactions: dn325ci
Despite the rumors that the nags were coming to AP with the Holiday software update, they have not. I know this because I have my cabin camera covered.
The nags are there. They just don't penalize you for covering the camera so far. But if the camera is uncovered, it's pretty excessive. It's at the point that I probably wear my sunglasses longer than I really should be since the nags aren't as bad if it can't see your eyes as easily. I should get around to putting a piece of tape over that camera.

Question is will they eventually disable autopilot if you cover the camera.

The nags are there. They just don't penalize you for covering the camera so far. But if the camera is uncovered, it's pretty excessive. It's at the point that I probably wear my sunglasses longer than I really should be since the nags aren't as bad if it can't see your eyes as easily. I should get around to putting a piece of tape over that camera.

Question is will they eventually disable autopilot if you cover the camera.

Agreed. When mine was uncovered, there was a difference between sunglasses on and sunglasses off in my testing. I have a simple black square of electrical tape there. No one has ever noticed it. I will enjoy it while it lasts.

The article says Autopilot but the body seems to be about FSD. I drive well above average annual miles, I'm up-to-date on software, and I can assure you the difference is quite clear. Don't take my word for it - try it. Business Insider contributed that article to Autoblog, and the piece is not atypical of their shoddy journalism and anti-Tesla sentiment. They announced a layoff of 8% of staff last week, to the surprise of few.

Last edited:
Agreed. When mine was uncovered, there was a difference between sunglasses on and sunglasses off in my testing. I will enjoy it while it lasts.

The article says Autopilot but the body seems to be about FSD. I drive well above average annual miles, I'm up-to-date on software, and I can assure you the difference is quite clear. Don't take my word for it - try it. Business Insider contributed that article to Autoblog, and the piece is not atypical of their shoddy journalism and anti-Tesla sentiment. They announced a layoff of 8% of staff last week, to the surprise of few.
Can I just cover the in cabin camera?!?!?! Since the update the auto pilot is really annoying with nags and suspending. It happens sometimes when my hands are on the wheel applying torque and it still cuts off.

Reactions: dn325ci
Agreed. When mine was uncovered, there was a difference between sunglasses on and sunglasses off in my testing. I have a simple black square of electrical tape there. No one has ever noticed it. I will enjoy it while it lasts.

Gotcha. So the new nags are there, but covering the camera prevents them. Good to know! Although, my new car will probably arrive with the FSD trial enabled, so I probably can't cover the camera.

Gotcha. So the new nags are there, but covering the camera prevents them. Good to know! Although, my new car will probably arrive with the FSD trial enabled, so I probably can't cover the camera.
Turn it off.

Actually, I don't agree the "nags are there" with AP, at least to the same degree. After the Holiday update, I tested it in a more limited drive, but the AP gaze nags were still less than FSD. Again, try it yourself.

Reactions: aerodyne
Second post today.
I ordered my MS LR Red in November,
in January I was assigned 2023 Vin, due to medical reasons I put my order on hold, hold finished on January 18th, and waiting for VIN since then

Now tesla started to charge extra for the color option, so today I saw my config on existing inventory on my service center for $2500 higher price, I called them if i can pick it up, and they told me only if pay $2,500 more.

And more: sales rep told me, since I ordered 2023 Tesla, and tesla do not produce 2023 cars anymore, even my order still waiting for VIn assignment, I will never get VIN assigned since that price is not available anymore!!!!!

So if i dont accept to pay the new price I will not get a new car.
Is that correct? if not how come a sales person lie like this?

• Funny
Reactions: Hayseed_MS
1000009565.jpg

I wonder how a 2024 shows up in inventory for sale, surely there is a buyer waiting for that exact car. If it were a new 2023 it would make more sense.
At this point they’re probably holding out for 2023 order holders to cancel and buy at the higher price. They’ll probably start filling those orders when they need to make their end of quarter push.

At this point they’re probably holding out for 2023 order holders to cancel and buy at the higher price. They’ll probably start filling those orders when they need to make their end of quarter push.
It would appear that is what they are doing. Make exact same cars that they have already orders for, put them in local inventory and then sweat you out. 😥

Except, I ain't sweating Musky!

Reactions: aerodyne