Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, peoples, VIN assigned 5YJSA1E50RF53xxxx, 2024 model year, but they modified the order and charged me $2500 for the Ultra Red paint. Also, the Model S I told you about that showed up in local inventory few days ago that was exactly like the one I ordered was actually assigned to my order.

Wait, so you had an order that didn't need change acceptance and wasn't on hold and they upped the price on you?

It was never on hold, it had never VIN assigned, they just went in and changed the order details to reflect new pricing and then assigned the VIN.

This would be the first time I've heard of this ever happening where there wasn't some special circumstance involved.

Did this happen to anyone else here? Anyone else still have their original pre Jan 16th price locked in?

Reactions: aerodyne
It was never on hold, it had never VIN assigned, they just went in and changed the order details to reflect new pricing and then assigned the VIN.
Ah I think I was confusing you with @n2mb_racing. If you’ve never had a hold or rejected the vin then I I believe you should have gotten your original price as per the order agreement.

But Tesla will probably tell you to pound sand unfortunately. I guess with their stock getting hammered over profitability concerns they’re going to be nickel and diming a bit more.

Reactions: teko