Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the first user group I have ever participated in which did not have a representative from the manufacturer/supplier participating to clarify Ts&Cs and answer basic, general questions about supply/delivery issues (and others) affecting them - and their customers. Seems a small investment which would bond them with their customers, and avoid disinformation and ultimately - defections. Elon may need his customers more in the future than he has in the past with the headwinds facing him. I can name - and have worked for - once-great companies that fell by the wayside because of arrogance and taking customers for granted.
And I am a huge Elon fan!

OK, peoples, VIN assigned 5YJSA1E50RF53xxxx, 2024 model year, but they modified the order and charged me $2500 for the Ultra Red paint. Also, the Model S I told you about that showed up in local inventory few days ago that was exactly like the one I ordered was actually assigned to my order.
So, if it is in local inventory are they offering you immediate delivery?

If so, let us know how it goes.

This is the first user group I have ever participated in which did not have a representative from the manufacturer/supplier participating to clarify Ts&Cs and answer basic, general questions about supply/delivery issues (and others) affecting them - and their customers. Seems a small investment which would bond them with their customers, and avoid disinformation and ultimately - defections. Elon may need his customers more in the future than he has in the past with the headwinds facing him. I can name - and have worked for - once-great companies that fell by the wayside because of arrogance and taking customers for granted.
Google tells me Tesla started in 2003 and TMC started in 2006. Tesla is fine with us speculating on TMC and creating a buzz about anything. I'm speculating here of course. Just curious, can you link to a particular post where an automotive manufacture responded to usesrs in a forum? In addition, there has been no shortage of headwinds for Tesla since its beginning. Tesla does not want to be like any other company.

Google tells me Tesla started in 2003 and TMC started in 2006. Tesla is fine with us speculating on TMC and creating a buzz about anything. I'm speculating here of course. Just curious, can you link to a particular post where an automotive manufacture responded to usesrs in a forum? In addition, there has been no shortage of headwinds for Tesla since its beginning. Tesla does not want to be like any other company.
Happens all the time on this forum... Would be awesome to have some TMC representation from the mothership IMO

1707007468116.png

Closer to home for you, back when I owned a Corvette, I recall their reps being pretty active on fora as well.

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056 and teko
This would be the first time I've heard of this ever happening where there wasn't some special circumstance involved.

Did this happen to anyone else here? Anyone else still have their original pre Jan 16th price locked in?
I have a MSLR UR that still has the price I ordered with on 11/27... Never had vin assigned nor was requested to make any changes or confirmations. Hoping they don't add $2500 on me

Were you able to reach someone to argue about this?
Nope, they are actively ignoring me. I'll wait them out, but really, we should not be doing this for $80k car. I think they do it on purpose, its like those scam spam emails that you receive. Designed to reel in specific type of people, the type that will send $10k to bail out Nigerian prince in trouble.

• Funny
Reactions: 690MBCOMMANDO
Ah I think I was confusing you with @n2mb_racing. If you’ve never had a hold or rejected the vin then I I believe you should have gotten your original price as per the order agreement.

But Tesla will probably tell you to pound sand unfortunately. I guess with their stock getting hammered over profitability concerns they’re going to be nickel and diming a bit more.
They are looking into that, they now say they don't know why I got the new price. This is the case where left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing.

I am not holding my breath that they will sort this out, i.e. getting the original order pricing...

A real M EV would probably win me over. It'll be either that or a used refresh Taycan when I'm ready to move on (let's say 4-5 years?)
Even a real EV from another brand will have to use the really poor charging networks, such as EA (Endless Anxiety)

I know this will change soon, but I'll bet it will be more than a year or two.

I've been tempted by the MB EQS. Sat in it and navigated to Home. It plotted a route to Nome, Alaska, and said insufficient charge for trip. 😂

There used to be a VP that would answer major questions now and then but he left the company years ago. Tesla had their own forum (still might) but it was poorly run and never any official representatives there either.

• Informative
Reactions: VikH and zoomer0056
There used to be a VP that would answer major questions now and then but he left the company years ago. Tesla had their own forum (still might) but it was poorly run and never any official representatives there either.
True. It was locked down for new posts years ago. As is the case now, lack of communication was a common topic there.

Reactions: dsm363