Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's a good idea. I'll do a cashiers check. I would rather not have my money locked up if I reject it.

Especially given it could take a while to get another to your location. In my case, since it was Fremont, they just rolled out another defective unit for me within a few days. I'm also slightly paranoid that those getting remote deliveries have better QC because it's more of hassle for Tesla to have a buyer reject a car they just transported thousands of miles vs one where they just have to roll out another copy from a few thousand feet away.

Reactions: Septocaine
That's a good idea. I'll do a cashiers check. I would rather not have my money locked up if I reject it.

In your case, since it's going to be a dealer, there's a good chance you could go and inspect the outside before setting up the delivery appointment so you might still be fine paying with Plaid. When picking up in Fremont, they won't bring the car to the delivery area until you've arranged for payment and because of the size and fact that everything is off limits there, you wouldn't stand a chance of being able to see it in person at the factory delivery location.

Reactions: Septocaine
What would really be awesome is if they took credit cards. I'd have an instant $2K rebate. They let me pay for both solar installations with my credit card.
Good point, but Google says it would cost Tesla 3% in fees.
1000027093.jpg

My MSP will be delivered within the next 7 days. I can see the light at the end of this long tunnel.
I'll be paying cash. For you cash buyers out there, when and what was your form of payment? Is the app an immediate transaction or do I have to pay before I look at vehicle?

I did not. Brought a cashiers check and insisted on looking at the car inside and out for an hour.

This was not easy. I had to make several trips to the store over 8 months (you think your EDD was bad?) to let them agree to my expectations.

I did not. Brought a cashiers check and insisted on looking at the car inside and out for an hour.

This was not easy. I had to make several trips to the store over 8 months (you think your EDD was bad?) to let them agree to my expectations.
Hmm. I brought a check with me in '21 and didn't hand it over until after I inspected the car. No issues.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Hmm. I brought a check with me in '21 and didn't hand it over until after I inspected the car. No issues.
The main issue was dealing with a new store. Trade off between inexperienced staff, but good attitudes at the time.

The sticky point was letting them open the car first before I paid. Think I let them hold the check while I inspected.

Hopefully, not an issue anymore.

Reactions: zoomer0056
The day of our delivery in December 23, the Plaid system was down. Our SA said it happens every other month or so (just our luck!). Fortunately there was a bank nearby, and they could make a cashier's check. We got to inspect the car before handing it over. It's been great so far, with over 2,000 miles on it now.

It's hard to satisfy customers with a given timeline when you rely on someone else (a third party) to do their job first.

Here's the EPA report for the Plaid... I was looking at the testing dates and months in between tests.

https://dis.epa.gov/otaqpub/display_file.jsp?docid=59786&flag=1

Just looking at the timeline for the EPA testing dates for the MSP... I'm hoping that they (third party) expedite testing for the MSLR... looks like it may be a while.

Got this from the SC today. I take it this means if I take the inventory one it'll cost me more.
You won't be able to take it anyways unless it's a 2023 VIN. The much more concerning part of that message is they may not hear until April? Understanding the source may not be very well informed, if that is true then it's certainly the EPA side of things holding it up. No for-profit company, let alone a publicly traded one, would be sitting idly by not doing what was asked if it was holding up sales.

• Disagree
Reactions: foos and RyanC1384