Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
quick question, have you completed your payment option in the app? I had this issue with my 22 M3P. People were getting VINs all over, but I was not. Found out that I had to complete payment option and it assigned within days.
No, I have not completed payment and I was still assigned a VIN, multiple times. I don't intend to pay until I've inspected the car.

Still no vin for me despite lots of other ultra red orders getting one. I was also so desperate to try and snatch the one up that went to Dallas (my same spec) during my business trip but it already sold, so was likely a customer order. Also a white one in Austin and a gray one in San Antonio, but I really feel in love with the red.

Still no vin for me despite lots of other ultra red orders getting one. I was also so desperate to try and snatch the one up that went to Dallas (my same spec) during my business trip but it already sold, so was likely a customer order. Also a white one in Austin and a gray one in San Antonio, but I really feel in love with the red.
Sounds like you and I are going to fight over who gets the car. I’m in Austin and waiting on a LR ultra red with 19” and steering wheel. No VIN, 3/9-3/31 delivery window. I’m willing to upgrade to Plaid to get it faster, but don’t see anything around.

Reactions: Chip Geek
I have had good luck with the Tesla flaps on the front only. The scraping noise is just the self trimming function, and gives early warning of speed bumps or rough pavement, or suspension set too low.

If you ignore the warning, the flaps are self ejecting as well. You learn after the first time.😁
Thanks. Seems to be on right turns only with I assume suspension set to low automatically. Just wanted to make sure nothing was wrong with the car. I didn't drive it much before they were installed.

The PPF is supposedly to be self healing but I've only had the car 1,200 miles now but no evidence of rock chips on PPF.
There won't be chips, per se, as the film is flexible. Scratches, swirl marks and some rock damage will self heal. Meaning the flexible plastic will go back to its original form when pushed apart by a damaging event. Other places will not heal but its unnecessary to replace it because the rest of the film is still protecting the paint, unless it's large damage. My Feb 2022 16k mile MSLR has a few pushed and unhealed dings. Mostly on the front parts of the rear wheel wells. But I've also doubled up protection in those areas.

I didn't put any PPF on my Plaid and it looked pretty much perfect after 2 years. I had a few rock chips here and there, but otherwise undamaged. I don't think buyers will give you anything extra for that.

If the PPF is still in good shape, I'd pay a little extra but the real extra is what I'd pay for undamaged paint. Pretty sure that's why I got so much for my P85DL 7 years old and 135K. It's paint was flawless. No dings, dents, swirls, paint chips, etc. Full PPF front, refreshed ceramic every year (self applied) everywhere else.

The PPF is supposedly to be self healing but I've only had the car 1,200 miles now but no evidence of rock chips on PPF.

I didn't put any PPF on my Plaid and it looked pretty much perfect after 2 years. I had a few rock chips here and there, but otherwise undamaged. I don't think buyers will give you anything extra for that.
I've been debating PPF for this inbound MSP mostly because I'll probably keep it awhile, and I drive a lot of highway, high-speed miles which seems to shot blast the paint, irrespective of brand. However, I've been a PPF detractor mostly due to the silly cost - for what some of these guys charge you can repaint an entire car. If I did it, I might give Drive Protected's DIY program a go. Thoughts on any of that?

Reactions: foos and zoomer0056
Yeah, I get that. I've never even thought of PPF or ceramics on any of my others cars. Although, I was pretty obsessed with Zano products for my Corvettes. That was until I got tired of too many steps and discovered P21S. For the Tesla, it was an excuse to buy new tools, install new lighting and learn a new skill. My hats off to those that correctly install for a living. After two years my car is still brand new. I installed PPF on my whole car myself. I met new people and gain some knowledge and appreciation. DIY PPF on 2022 Blue Model S

I pick up my MSP grey/white int/19”/wheel Tuesday. Driving straight to the installer for matte PPF.

Here’s my question. I know I will get flamed for this. My wife has a 2024 Cayenne S E-hybrid coming in a few months and getting clear self healing PPF. She will be using an automatic car wash. I assume the swirls will self heal?

I know automatic car washes are the devil but this is an argument not worth having with her anymore.

I pick up my MSP grey/white int/19”/wheel Tuesday. Driving straight to the installer for matte PPF.

Here’s my question. I know I will get flamed for this. My wife has a 2024 Cayenne S E-hybrid coming in a few months and getting clear self healing PPF. She will be using an automatic car wash. I assume the swirls will self heal?

I know automatic car washes are the devil but this is an argument not worth having with her anymore.
I use a touchless car wash all the time. A laserwash system. No problems.

You can run over the PPF (Xpell grade 10) with light sandpaper, and yes, it will heal.

The devil is in the (lack of) detailing. I have not washed my car in a year. Wipe down with MF towels and Meguirs every week to 10 days, takes 10 min at most.

Reactions: Septocaine