Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. It will take a few days, though. But it is a tad more convenient than making a physical cashier’s check. I understand why people don’t want to hand their money to Tesla even for a second - their past performance with refunds was terrible. Plaid made it better, at least this was my experience.
I like this option. So pay by the app before looking at it. Then if we reject it the money automatically goes back in our account?

How did you do ACH? That option is not provided.

The only method provided is using the Plaid service, which is most definitely not the same as ACH, as you must provide Plaid with your banks login and password, and their terms of service do not limit what they can do with the information they extract from your account history.

According to this article:
It’s been a few months, but if you get to the point of entering your credentials and then cancel out, I think it eventually gives you an option to enter the ach info

Reactions: Paxsal
This looks good....
Gah. Pick up Plaid or hold out for new Model 3 performance? :)
Depends on what you want. MS Plaid = high horsepower, high speed Grand Touring. More of a BMW M5/M6/M8 analog. M3 Performance = small, agile track/short course weapon. An M3/M4 analog. Viva la difference! For the role of this car in my garage right now, I need the former more than the latter, as I have track cars.

Reactions: aerodyne and dsm363
Depends on what you want. MS Plaid = high horsepower, high speed Grand Touring. More of a BMW M5/M6/M8 analog. M3 Performance = small, agile track/short course weapon. An M3/M4 analog. Viva la difference! For the role of this car in my garage right now, I need the former more than the latter, as I have track cars.
Unless they massively improve the suspension on the new one, I wouldn’t says the model 3 performance is a great track / short course car, certainly not BMW M3 level.

Very curious to see what they’re doing with the new one. Sounds like it has the same front motor as the old one, but the 5D1 (Plaid front) in the rear. The suspension looks significantly lower in that video. If it has actually good suspension and can maintain high speed pull like the Plaid, I might actually come to regret buying the Plaid over waiting for the new performance. Though I wish they’d give the 3 a more S-like interior.

Reactions: dn325ci and dsm363
Unless they massively improve the suspension on the new one, I wouldn’t says the model 3 performance is a great track / short course car, certainly not BMW M3 level.

Very curious to see what they’re doing with the new one. Sounds like it has the same front motor as the old one, but the 5D1 (Plaid front) in the rear. The suspension looks significantly lower in that video. If it has actually good suspension and can maintain high speed pull like the Plaid, I might actually come to regret buying the Plaid over waiting for the new performance. Though I wish they’d give the 3 a more S-like interior.
I imagine the interior will be identical to the Highland 3 interior, so you can go see it now. Supposedly pretty similar to the S.

Reactions: dsm363
Agreed. The most recent M3P I driven ('23) seems like they've been working on it vs. the last '20 vintage I drove. But recently I drove a Highland LR and it's clear the suspension is fundamentally different, so we'll see. As a tool, however, for me I need more of a distance car this time, so I'm only academically interested.

If you contact them through the app or text, they can look up the actual production date. Or maybe it's just the date the car was finished. Not sure. Mine was built Tuesday February 20, 2024.
Screenshot_20240225_120518_Tesla.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: n2mb_racing