Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've recently read that the plaid model has tire issues, was the LR not affected?

Worse on Plaid with 21" tires. Also pretty bad on LR with 21".

19" wheels still suffer some issues with excessive negative camber (although some here will claim in's only a toe problem).

I'll be installing n2itive upper arms myself on my MSP with 19" wheels. -2.4 degrees of camber is excessive. -1.2 to -1.3 is fine for street driving.

19" wheels still suffer some issues with excessive negative camber (although some here will claim in's only a toe problem).

I'll be installing n2itive upper arms myself on my MSP with 19" wheels. -2.4 degrees of camber is excessive. -1.2 to -1.3 is fine for street driving.
I went with 19s to avoid the issue. I had the 21s on my first plaid and the tires delaminated after 16k miles.

Is it possible to adjust the camber with the stock upper arms? Or are n2itive "required" to make that adjustment?
I've seen some videos about swapping for the n2itive links but I'm not sure (yet) if I want to do that or not.
The tires are expensive enough that I want to get as many miles out of them as I reasonably can.

Is it possible to adjust the camber with the stock upper arms? Or are n2itive "required" to make that adjustment?
I've seen some videos about swapping for the n2itive links but I'm not sure (yet) if I want to do that or not.
The tires are expensive enough that I want to get as many miles out of them as I reasonably can.
Can’t adjust it, but camber isn’t really the primary issue. It seems to be toe in combination with a tire that is very sensitive to bad toe. You don’t really see this problem on the 19s despite identical alignments

Reactions: Chip Geek
There's still no updated EPA cert on the Long Range. Did they by any chance tell you what the EPA rated range is?
Just got off call from SA.

They said only some vehicles are affected by EPA hold, which i find very strange.
I do have a 2024 VIN i.e. with an ..RF..

They said my vehicle isn't affected and it has estimated range of 402mi.

Picked up my Plaid/Red/White/19"/Yoke today in Franklin, TN. The car was damn-near perfect. The tailgate was better aligned than either of my two previous Model S.
Strangely, my range at 100% charge is only 345 miles (extrapolated from 276 miles at 80%) instead of the EPA estimate of 359, which Tesla currently shows on the order site. I have submitted to issue to service to determine what is going on.

Just got off call from SA.

They said only some vehicles are affected by EPA hold, which i find very strange.
I do have a 2024 VIN i.e. with an ..RF..

They said my vehicle isn't affected and it has estimated range of 402mi.
The site still shows an estimate of 405, so I wonder if 402 is what it will be under the new EPA testing procedures.

Reactions: cwanja and foos

No, but the Palladium suspension cradle has the upper arms bolted in laterally on it's own pivot rather than the extruded tabs, so now it's possible to use shims instead of replacing the upper arms. There are two products that do this but neither extend the length of the bolts and instead use factory bolts. I won't trust that solution unless it's grabbing with the same number of threads at the factory bolt depth.

I ordered my MSLR from inventory on 2.14 before I knew about the hold. Only found it about the hold from here.

I currently own a 2019 M3 performance and it has really been great. Looking forward to the S. I have a few questions if anyone can help.

I've recently read that the plaid model has tire issues, was the LR not affected?

What is the vibration issue mentioned a few posts above?

Are there any other concerns I should be aware of (besides the typical Tesla issues with gaps and thin paint)?
To be clear, the 21" tires on the LR and Plaid are different - an all-season Goodyear and a summer-only Michelin, respectively. The issue seems to be more prevalent on the Plaid tire than the LR tire, probably because the treadwear rating of the summer tire is so much less.

Strangely, my range at 100% charge is only 345 miles (extrapolated from 276 miles at 80%) instead of the EPA estimate of 359, which Tesla currently shows on the order site. I have submitted to issue to service to determine what is going on.

Same here although mine is 349. I guess when I get it home I'll be plugging in SMT to read the BMS.

My 10 mile drive to the PPF installer rang in at 239 wh / mile but that was all surface streets.

Ultimately as long as the BMS is reporting the the expected nominal capacity for a new battery, I don't really care what the rated range says....as long as the actual full capacity minus the anti brick buffer is available.

Last edited:
Same here although mine is 349. I guess when I get it home I'll be plugging in SMT to read the BMS.

My 10 mile drive to the PPF installer rang in at 239 wh / mile but that was all surface streets.

Ultimately as long as the BMS is reporting the the expected nominal capacity for a new battery, I don't really care what the rated range says....as long as the actual full capacity minus the anti brick buffer is available.
May your Nominal pack per SMT be 99.4 or higher!

If not, it could need a few charges to 70%. I saw no improvement going over 80% in reported capacity.

Reactions: zoomer0056
May your Nominal pack per SMT be 99.4 or higher!

If not, it could need a few charges to 70%. I saw no improvement going over 80% in reported capacity.

This was my MXP at about 6 months. 99.4 when new and 95.9 nominal full. Don't have the earlier shot but I'm pretty sure it was something slightly higher like 96.4 nominal full.

Screenshot_20221028-182845.jpg

Now I'm wishing I'd brought the cable and the Elm327 dongle with me. As it is now, I won't be able to check until Friday.

I have an order from 23 Dec 2023 for MSLR of course changed the color few times but my EDD was Feb 27 to Mar19 till yesterday, today it is Feb 28 to Mar 19… hopefully the end date holds. Two questions
1. Wouldn’t all cars be 2024 now that we are almost two months in - if not the cars would have shown up in inventory right. Also what do you do if they give 23, we just refuse and go back to the waitlist?

2. How much does the PPF cost for MSLR? I am in Dallas, Texas

Thanks
Krishna

This was my MXP at about 6 months. 99.4 when new and 95.9 nominal full. Don't have the earlier shot but I'm pretty sure it was something slightly higher like 96.4 nominal full.

View attachment 1023046

Now I'm wishing I'd brought the cable and the Elm327 dongle with me. As it is now, I won't be able to check until Friday.
My MS LR was nominal 96.1 kwh new, never saw higher than 96.5, back calculating from Teslafi, as I only installed SMT on this car last fall, when it was still north of 95 after a year. Took a dump in Nov. Steady now at 92.5 to 92.6.

I find the consumption is quite low, maybe 15% less than the old 85D.