Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Teslascope and Notateslaapp are generally on point. I’d anticipate seeing the new features in the wild within a month. If the camera is retrofittable, especially for HW4 cars, I don’t think it’s going to be a major issue.
Notateslaapp has been wrong with the general timing on this multiple times. That said, doesn’t mean they aren’t right this time! 😂

For sure but they did say the will announce it today and nothing has happened. Seems like the timing is off. Maybe April 1st for q2
To be fair, today isn’t done. Ambient lighting can be done for around $2000. Some really don’t care about it. The bumper camera is something that I do care about. I certainly hope that there is a retrofit option for it still weighing in whether or not I want Tesla to buy back the car, it’s just that I put too much money into it at this point for a bumper camera to be worth it.

Reactions: nyucla
It was late when I got home last night and only really found time to post about the battery capacity. Not worried about that because BMS is reporting as expected. I don't really care what the rated range states it is as long as it's predictable.

The energy graph for the trip showed deeply green the entire time home. It was 55F and pouring rain and quite windy. Despite that, the average wh/mile home was 291. The best I ever achieved on my P85D was 258 on the drive but in these conditions, it would have been around 310 to 320. Can't wait to try a nice dry 70F no wind day.

The bad news is about 5 miles into my drive on the freeway when starting my drive home, I noticed pull when accelerating that wasn't there during 2 miles driving from the PPF guy to work. It's different than the MXP pull to the left. With the MXP, the harder I accelerated, the more it pulled to the left and when Iet up and decelerated, it would pull to the right.

With this one, just a little bit of acceleration pulls to the right but doesn't get more severe with harder acceleration. What's also different is that when decelerating, it ALSO pulls to the right rather than the left.

For sure but they did say the will announce it today and nothing has happened. Seems like the timing is off. Maybe April 1st for q2
Yeah Tesla brings uncertainty to both sides with their lack of transparency and communication. When changes are on tap, it inevitably leaks, and then they’re forced to become even more opaque and secretive and then have to play games with the timing in order to move existing inventory. It induces clownish behavior and game theory shenanigans on both sides of the transaction. Why do this?

The first rule to produce a successful transaction is to minimize uncertainty and maximize transparency. But what do I know?! 😂

To be fair, today isn’t done. Ambient lighting can be done for around $2000. Some really don’t care about it. The bumper camera is something that I do care about. I certainly hope that there is a retrofit option for it still weighing in whether or not I want Tesla to buy back the car, it’s just that I put too much money into it at this point for a bumper camera to be worth it.
All true…

Damn. This news about the camera and ambient lighting coming is frustrating. I've been waiting for a car since November. But my current order was in before the price increase and I've already used my one hold, so I don't have many options to delay anymore. My car was built February 20th, so I guess we'll see if it has the updates at delivery.. grrr

Reactions: mistaDubZ
Well, I just joined the $250 club. Hurray. I don't care about the ambient lighting, but I do care about the front bumper camera and I am willing to wait it out. Ironically, the cash I was going to use for pay for this will accrue ~250 over the next month..
Of course, there might be a price hike for the refresh...

View attachment 1023616
So are you cancelling this one and putting in a new order ?

Well, I just joined the $250 club. Hurray. I don't care about the ambient lighting, but I do care about the front bumper camera and I am willing to wait it out. Ironically, the cash I was going to use for pay for this will accrue ~250 over the next month..
Of course, there might be a price hike for the refresh...

View attachment 1023616
You can request one two week hold for free before canceling your order

Damn. This news about the camera and ambient lighting coming is frustrating. I've been waiting for a car since November. But my current order was in before the price increase and I've already used my one hold, so I don't have many options to delay anymore. My car was built February 20th, so I guess we'll see if it has the updates at delivery.. grrr
Tesla could curb so many of these canceled orders if they offered retrofits for these minor feature updates. Ambient lights should be dead simple since all of our cars already have the wiring. Front bumper camera would require a little bit of work, but should still be perfect feasible.