Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Controversial take incoming.

The Plaid is fantastic I imagine and the speed is great. But realistically, how often are you using the Plaid to its full potential?

Had and currently have a LR, both are daily drivers and are perfect to pass idiots on the road no issues. If I had the Plaid, sure it would be ‘easier’, but I (personally) would not gain value by having a Plaid.

The interior is going to be a personal decision. Believe Tesla still locks down the carbon fiber parts to a VIN, so you cannot order them to swap it. The wood looks ‘fine’ in my opinion.

My kids (4 & 2) love when I punch my LR and it’s the same grin and childish laughter I make myself when I do it every time.
Agree with this take. If cost is no object and you will have fomo otherwise, then get the plaid. However, if additional range is important to you, then get the MSLR — it is not slow.

I purchased the kit in Jan... "Anticipation buying". I unboxed my mats about 2-3 weeks ago and they have been sitting in one of my empty rooms getting the bends out of them. A thought came across my mind... if I were to get a refreshed model with a front bumper camera and interior refresh to the point that the kit I bought didn't fit... honestly I would even be mad. I prefer the CF look over the ebony wood. I guess I'll find out when after I take delivery of my MSLR/SG/Ebony Interior/19" Wheels/Steering Wheel/FSD EDD: View attachment 1024151I'm past the point of return on the kit so I would be up to selling it at a discounted price to someone who wants. It was the second 'accessory purchase' next to the mats. The larger the window of time... the more accessory shopping I've been doing... running out of stuff to buy but practicing patience.
View attachment 1024153
Are you still looking to sell this ?

I just got a text that if I don’t schedule delivery of my Model S by tomorrow, they are going to release my reservation.

I’m strongly considering letting it go and then reordering in a couple of days. Tesla website still says delivery in March for new custom orders. I would like the refreshed changes but want to make sure I don’t wait too long to void FSD transfer. If I release my car then reorder in a couple of days, will they just rematch me with the same car if it hasn’t been sold?

I’ve read on Reddit that Tesla plans to honor the FSD transfer even if it gets delivered after March 31 if the original estimated delivery date was in March.

I think it’s worth the risk. Any opinions/advice?
I ordered my MSLR on December 4th when the site said estimated delivery of December-January and still don’t have a VIN so don’t put any stock at all in what that site says. It will ultimately come down to how common your config is on whether you get a car before March 31 or not despite what the site says.

Reactions: Bluef82003
It will be my daily driver, to and from work, around town. My wife will also take it to things where she doesn’t need to have the kids. We have a 2 and 6 year old who may ride sometimes.

I do like the spoiler and plan to spend the $700 to add it. Also prefer carbon fiber to wood, but believe the wood could grow on me.

It’s really close, just don’t want to have FOMO.
So what I'm hearing from you is that driving fast isn't a priority. Save your $15k

It will be my daily driver, to and from work, around town. My wife will also take it to things where she doesn’t need to have the kids. We have a 2 and 6 year old who may ride sometimes.

I do like the spoiler and plan to spend the $700 to add it. Also prefer carbon fiber to wood, but believe the wood could grow on me.

It’s really close, just don’t want to have FOMO.
Have you considered getting the Highland instead at half the price of the Plaid? The new M3LR is a fantastic commuter car and perfect for 2 small children. You can get the Plaid next time when they’re grown and need more legroom. In the meantime, you’ll save $45K over the Plaid and $30K over the MSLR. Hard to have FOMO under that scenario!

Reactions: aerodyne
Have you considered getting the Highland instead at half the price of the Plaid? The new M3LR is a fantastic commuter car and perfect for 2 small children. You can get the Plaid next time when they’re grown and need more legroom. In the meantime, you’ll save $45K over the Plaid and $30K over the MSLR. Hard to have FOMO under that scenario!
If he's adding CF, trim, and red calipers, I'm guessing the looks are very important to him. And the highland is pretty ugly lol

Reactions: RyanC1384
I have, but I just like the S more.
It’s been my Tesla of choice for 8+ years and never changed no matter what they come out with. i like the Highland, but willing to pay a premium for the S.

I have, but I just like the S more.
It’s been my Tesla of choice for 8+ years and never changed no matter what they come out with. i like the Highland, but willing to pay a premium for the S.
Just get the Plaid bro. This will be my third MS, with the first one in 2012, so I know exactly what you mean. My wife has owned a couple MX’s during that time but it’s always been the MS for me. From everything you say, you will probably regret not getting the Plaid.

Reactions: empiredown
Just stopped in the Austin store - they said the Plaid is on the same truck as my LR, both en route.
Guy said it would cost me $250 to switch. I think LR is the play in that case because my gut was like F that…if I cancelled my order instead of swap I’d just wait until I could get the front bumper and ambient lighting.

I’ll likely need that $16K to put toward my wife’s new car this year…
So LR it is!

Ok, maybe that is why you guys are getting that message. Technically, the car was assigned, so it is a change. I have not received a VIN yet. And, to be honest, happy for the vin to be delayed while waiting to see if the March builds have the updates.
I would have been happy to have waited 5 more days, but I did not want to loose the transfer of unlimited supercharging. I was informed, I could get my car as early as Wednesday.