Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can do it on the spot. I did a small deposit via ACH and brought a check from my bank for the rest. They didn't get it until I inspected the car fully. You can setup the bank info prior to it, but not submit the payment until you are ready to fully take ownership of the car.

Just an fyi, I used the ach transfer when I picked up my car last week. I got there 30 minutes early to inspect the car. They unlocked it and I spent the time to look over everything. Once I was happy. I did the transfer on my phone. Took one minute. I use capital one. Also you can test the process with your bank ahead of time. The night before It let me connect to my bank and select the account I wanted to use. I just didn’t hit the final payment amount option. Instead I closed it down. So when I went to the dealer I knew it would work.

I went to a SC to talk to a human today. She said there are no cars matching my build in transit - except for one going to FL. No more useful information other than parroting back my (already known) EDD. <grumble> So still no VIN after more than 3 months.
The 21 year old unpaid intern that runs the logistics department at Tesla will get to us soon enough, just be patient.

Just a tip for new owners. The new recall for autopilot was way too sensitive for me and would cut off all the time even when hands were on the wheel. Once my FSD trial expired I can cover the cabin cameras and the nags are back to normal and not too sensitive. That wouldn’t work with FSD trial even if i disabled FSD.

Reactions: RyanC1384
Just a tip for new owners. The new recall for autopilot was way too sensitive for me and would cut off all the time even when hands were on the wheel. Once my FSD trial expired I can cover the cabin cameras and the nags are back to normal and not too sensitive. That wouldn’t work with FSD trial even if i disabled FSD.
I think having sunglasses on worked for me as well.

Reactions: timothy19
I think having sunglasses on worked for me as well.
NHTSA is a PITA on these nags. My F150 Lightning with BlueCruise is a real problem. For one, it cannot stay straight in the lanes. That aside, the number of nags, disengagements and alarms is infuriating. With my Ford, there is no way to disable the alerts from what I have seen, even with BlueCruise turned off.

Overall, what is interesting to me is vehicles with just cruise control, no automated way to slow the vehicle down, no lane keep assist, etc, no NAG is required by regulatory bodies, but these automated systems that make driving much safer have tons of nags that effectively force customers to find ways around the nags required by these same bodies. To me, the locked on cruise control is far more dangerous. My father fell asleep at the wheel due to an illness and medication. These automated systems saved his life and likely other drivers on the roads lives.

Just an observation.

Reactions: Dylan McNamee
Interesting. My '21 -150 KR with BC is really good. The only thing I don't like vis-a-vis FSD is the lane centering. It just feels strange to me, but at least it doesn't disengage with absolutely minimal pressure like Tesla's take... It being truly hands free, to me , is awesome. Especially in trafffic.