Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my MSLR (blue/white/19"/wheel) just now. It looks to be just about perfect. No noticeable flaws in the paint nor any other physical issues, except for a few tiny bits of residue from adhesive and whatever else they do related to production and shipping. Definitely no camera on the bumper. ;)

FUSC and FSD Beta transferred over the instant I clicked the final Accept button in the app (confirmed via automated emails). The AP/FSD cameras finished calibrating on my drive home, too.

It was interesting seeing the delivery experience now four separate times since February 2016. I do miss the specialness you felt (plus the surprise swag) back then but the volume is just so high that it wasn't sustainable for them now.

For those who have picked up this generation of Model S, can anyone point me to some instructions on how to set up my Blackvue camera? There doesn't seem to be a grill above the rear view mirror like in the previous generation, plus the 3D-printed mount I purchased (which replaced the front-facing plastic between the rear view mirror and AP camera housing via Mount bracket TESLA S AP2 Blackvue DR900S - DR750S DR650 GW et S) won't work because they completely changed that area of the car.

I picked up my MSLR (blue/white/19"/wheel) just now. It looks to be just about perfect. No noticeable flaws in the paint nor any other physical issues, except for a few tiny bits of residue from adhesive and whatever else they do related to production and shipping. Definitely no camera on the bumper. ;)

FUSC and FSD Beta transferred over the instant I clicked the final Accept button in the app (confirmed via automated emails). The AP/FSD cameras finished calibrating on my drive home, too.

It was interesting seeing the delivery experience now four separate times since February 2016. I do miss the specialness you felt (plus the surprise swag) back then but the volume is just so high that it wasn't sustainable for them now.

For those who have picked up this generation of Model S, can anyone point me to some instructions on how to set up my Blackvue camera? There doesn't seem to be a grill above the rear view mirror like in the previous generation, plus the 3D-printed mount I purchased (which replaced the front-facing plastic between the rear view mirror and AP camera housing via Mount bracket TESLA S AP2 Blackvue DR900S - DR750S DR650 GW et S) won't work because they completely changed that area of the car.

Congrats on your new vehicle! For the sake of the front bumper camera rumour, would you mind sharing the date your car was assembled, and when you ordered? Thanks!!

Congratulations! Do you have a build date on your car? It should be in the decal affixed to the driver side door sill.

Question about order:
Initially ordered MSLR early February due to FSD transfer promotion. I had a car and VIN assigned to me with estimated delivery March 7-14.

When possible refresh rumors came out, I wanted to see what happened before taking delivery.

Tesla finally sends me notification to take delivery March 8-10. Funny enough, I am out of town and unable to take delivery those three days. I called the Tesla customer support and found out what my options were. Guy on phone said he would contact local service center to see what they said. I told them I would be happy to take delivery March 23 which was my next available day, or happy to surrender this VIN to someone else waiting and have next available car assigned to me provided that I could transfer FSD if this happened after March 31.

No answer or text from them, then I find my order is “on hold” in the app. I have until March 18 to remove the hold.

What exactly does this mean? Does it mean that the VIN assigned to me can be bought by someone else before March 18? I don’t totally understand what being “on hold” means.

Thanks for any help.

Congrats. I did for FSD last year and am happy for it but being able to get FUSC and FSD transferred is amazing.

Reactions: rfmurphy81
All 3 of the Teslas I have previously bought (2 Model S, 1 Model Y) would display the EPA-estimated range at 100% charge when new. However, my new 2024 Model S Plaid, only shows a range of 347 miles at 100% charge, despite having an EPA-estimated range of 359 miles.

Has anyone else seen this their full range at delivery not showing the EPA estimated range?

I contacted Tesla about this and merely received a hand-waving email about how the range displayed will fluctuate over the life of the vehicle, but not addressing the issue about a brand new vehicle not showing the EPA range.

All 3 of the Teslas I have previously bought (2 Model S, 1 Model Y) would display the EPA-estimated range at 100% charge when new. However, my new 2024 Model S Plaid, only shows a range of 347 miles at 100% charge, despite having an EPA-estimated range of 359 miles.

Has anyone else seen this their full range at delivery not showing the EPA estimated range?

I contacted Tesla about this and merely received a hand-waving email about how the range displayed will fluctuate over the life of the vehicle, but not addressing the issue about a brand new vehicle not showing the EPA range.
Doesn't sound too unusual based on picking up a new car, necessarily. I'd do a full cycle charge and see what it ends up with at 100%.

Then again, my first Plaid... hoo boy... was missing 20 miles at pickup, which rapidly became 30, 40, 50, 60, 70 as my battery was shot from day one. But hey, that was an extreme case. Just do a full discharge and charge and see what you end up with after cell balancing at 100% for a few hours.

Reactions: aerodyne
Question about order:
Initially ordered MSLR early February due to FSD transfer promotion. I had a car and VIN assigned to me with estimated delivery March 7-14.

When possible refresh rumors came out, I wanted to see what happened before taking delivery.

Tesla finally sends me notification to take delivery March 8-10. Funny enough, I am out of town and unable to take delivery those three days. I called the Tesla customer support and found out what my options were. Guy on phone said he would contact local service center to see what they said. I told them I would be happy to take delivery March 23 which was my next available day, or happy to surrender this VIN to someone else waiting and have next available car assigned to me provided that I could transfer FSD if this happened after March 31.

No answer or text from them, then I find my order is “on hold” in the app. I have until March 18 to remove the hold.

What exactly does this mean? Does it mean that the VIN assigned to me can be bought by someone else before March 18? I don’t totally understand what being “on hold” means.

Thanks for any help.
Yeah, they put your order on hold. If the car gets bought while your order is on hold, you'll go to the back of the line and get another car built. Same as placing a new order on March 18. But, you keep your current pricing. On the plus side, you might get the camera and ambient lighting upgrades.

Took delivery this afternoon. Unfortunately wasn’t perfect (misaligned & inconsistent panel gaps) but no paint chips and interior was nice. They agreed it needs some “minor adjustments” but I don’t trust them with it so I’ll probably just live with it.

Noticed that the new high fidelity park assist appears on the cockpit screen rather than the touchscreen. As a result, you can’t manipulate or rotate the image. Too bad!

No front bumper camera or RGB ambient lighting.

Yes. My MSP also says 347 at 100%. At least one other with a Plaid has posted the same in this thread. It's just a constant value that is not correct. The BMS reports 99.4 kwh when new and 96.9 kwh nominal available which is what is expected for a brand new second generation 100kwh battery.

The concern is if the battery consumption is higher than they said it would be resulting in a much lower actual range vs a 2023.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
Question for my Texas buyers. Cash price includes TTL in my documents but previous 2 Tesla purchases I paid after the fact at the local tax office. Has something changed in Texas or is my SA ill informed?
It seems that Tesla was recently allowed to collect Sales Tax and fees in TX (this changed somewhere around December 2023).

Doesn't sound too unusual based on picking up a new car, necessarily. I'd do a full cycle charge and see what it ends up with at 100%.

Then again, my first Plaid... hoo boy... was missing 20 miles at pickup, which rapidly became 30, 40, 50, 60, 70 as my battery was shot from day one. But hey, that was an extreme case. Just do a full discharge and charge and see what you end up with after cell balancing at 100% for a few hours.

My 2015 S and 2022 X both said exactly the rated range at 100% when new. The fact that we've had 3 members here post exactly 347 at 100% means the rated range constant is set 279 wh/mile instead of the 270 wh/mile that the EPA says it is.

Reactions: ragweedd
Question for my Texas buyers. Cash price includes TTL in my documents but previous 2 Tesla purchases I paid after the fact at the local tax office. Has something changed in Texas or is my SA ill informed?
It seems that Tesla was recently allowed to collect Sales Tax and fees in TX (this changed somewhere around December 2023).
Correct. Think it was a change late last year.

Edit: November 2023 Tesla now handling TX registration and sales tax