Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sure hope that MSLR ordered Dec. 8 and still no VIN with EDD of March 12-31 us delivered in that window. I've seen people post on here where some are claiming that they placed orders less than 1 month ago and already have VIN with EDD window within days. I hope my patience will pays off. It would be awesome to have the front bumper camera and claim 5000 supercharging miles. I am hoping to take delivery before March 31st. Why do I have a feeling that my EDD will get pushed just outside that EDD past the 31st?
SmartSelect_20240306_212955_Tesla.jpg

All earlier pickups do not match my configuration. Not willing to settle on another color either.
SmartSelect_20240306_212939_Tesla.jpg

I sure hope that MSLR ordered Dec. 8 and still no VIN with EDD of March 12-31 us delivered in that window. I've seen people post on here where some are claiming that they placed orders less than 1 month ago and already have VIN with EDD window within days. I hope my patience will pays off. It would be awesome to have the front bumper camera and claim 5000 supercharging miles. I am hoping to take delivery before March 31st. Why do I have a feeling that my EDD will get pushed just outside that EDD past the 31st?View attachment 1025416

All earlier pickups do not match my configuration. Not willing to settle on another color either.
View attachment 1025417
I had a similar range as of yesterday, only a few days shorter, then woke up to a VIN this morning. I am a more recent order, so not sure why folks keep getting pushed back.

When I did my Model 3P in 2022, I had a very similar experience. People were getting cars and I had no VIN even though I had ordered a couple of months earlier. Found out it was waiting on me to do the Pay option in the flow. Meaning choose how I would pay and/or apply for financing. I did that and a couple of days later had a VIN, car delivered a couple of weeks later. Worked out for me as the delays ended up with me getting the updated Ryzen processor at the time.

Reactions: Bluef82003
That is about 35% of the price I was quoted by 3-4 of the reputable places in Nashville. $7500 was the best deal I could find for anywhere I’d be willing to leave my car. One place quoted $12000 without ceramic.
That’s laughable, insane, 12 grand for some plastic film that costs at most 1000 bucks?

I sure hope that MSLR ordered Dec. 8 and still no VIN with EDD of March 12-31 us delivered in that window. I've seen people post on here where some are claiming that they placed orders less than 1 month ago and already have VIN with EDD window within days. I hope my patience will pays off. It would be awesome to have the front bumper camera and claim 5000 supercharging miles. I am hoping to take delivery before March 31st. Why do I have a feeling that my EDD will get pushed just outside that EDD past the 31st?View attachment 1025416

View attachment 1025417
I have the same build except with a yoke, i ordered 3/4/2024, and my EDD is 3/8-29. Super weird I ordered three months after you but have an earlier EDD.

Reactions: Bluef82003
I just got off the phone with Tesla (888-518-3752 / 51TESLA) and got no useful information other than that she said the EPA range issue was resolved on Feb 29 with the range being reduced from 405 to 402. I asked about front bumper camera - she had no information about that and had heard nothing about it.

I asked her to check all available inventory in Texas. No match even though tesla-info.com claims there is one matching my build "In transit". Maybe it's mine! Hey - I can HOPE! :D

Ordered Dec 1 and still no VIN... To those of you that had to wait a whole 2 WEEKS - ummm...
Ouch. I ordered the same configuration and is scheduled for pickup on 3/15.

Last night I placed an order for a Model S Long Range! Stealth Gray, Black interior, yoke, and 19” wheels. First time S owner after owning a few 3s and Ys.

I placed the order in anticipation of the rumored changes but might join the $250 club for the first time if the timing of the changes don’t work out.
Finger crossed!!!! Hopefully we ll see someone taking delivery of one soon if this rumor is true!

Reactions: oliphant428