Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there any recourse for significant panel gaps? I.e. will they repair them? Or do we have to continue rejecting until we get a good build?

Their official stance is they don't repair panel gaps. Underflush yes. So if the leading door edge is further out than the next panel in front, they have to fix this as it is against spec.

• Informative
Reactions: iHateWaiting
I'm a little nervous about all this panel gap discussion. Hoping mine will be perfect but I'm not sure I'll have good enough eyes to pick out a "bad" one. I guess if it looks good enough to me, that's all that matters. Right?

Edit: Same goes for paint touch-up spots. Will I see them? Will I care?
The thing to remember is that we never hear about vehicles that don't have these issues. As with most things in general, the people who have issues are much louder than those who don't.

Has the model S plaid been released from EPA hold? Tesla website only has the S LR with the EPA estimated range.

The Plaid was never on EPA hold. And the site still shows EPA Est 359. Note that there is a current issue with the MSP 19" in that a 100% charge shows 347 rather than 359. If you change the tire size to 21", it shows 320 which is correct, so it's not a battery issue but an issue with the wh/mile constant used for 19". They're using 279 when they should be using 270.

Last edited:
The Plaid was never on EPA hold. And the site still shows EPA Est 359. Note that there is a current issue with the MSP 19" in that a 100% charge shows 347 rather than 359. If you change the tire size to 21", it shows 320, which is correct, so it's not a battery issue but an issue with the wh/mile constant used for 19". They're using 279 when they should be using 270.

The Plaid was never on EPA hold. And the site still shows EPA Est 359. Note that there is a current issue with the MSP 19" in that a 100% charge shows 347 rather than 359. If you change the tire size to 21", it shows 320 which is correct, so it's not a battery issue but an issue with the wh/mile constant used for 19". They're using 279 when they should be using 270.
thanks for clarifying. So the 19 inch wheel Model S Plaids are currently going to be on hold until that issue is corrected ? I wanted to get the 19-inch wheels for the superior range.

I still don’t get those who get delivery dates within days. I could go online and order a new car and it estimates delivery yet in March. But I am nearing three months sincerely ordered Dec 18, 2023. I have had 12 EDD changes and still no sign. Ordered MSLR UR, black interior, 19” and wheel. Thought it was pretty “normal”. The advisor I talked to thought I’d have deliver yet in 2023 🤣.

Seriously, is there something weird about my order that would cause this delay?

Reactions: Bluef82003
I still don’t get those who get delivery dates within days. I could go online and order a new car and it estimates delivery yet in March. But I am nearing three months sincerely ordered Dec 18, 2023. I have had 12 EDD changes and still no sign. Ordered MSLR UR, black interior, 19” and wheel. Thought it was pretty “normal”. The advisor I talked to thought I’d have deliver yet in 2023 🤣.

What state are you in ?

Have you made sure everything clear in the app? Seems people missed completing some of the tasks and this caused delays in having vin assigned. Otherwise seems like they are just assigning them randomly