Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I still don’t get those who get delivery dates within days. I could go online and order a new car and it estimates delivery yet in March. But I am nearing three months sincerely ordered Dec 18, 2023. I have had 12 EDD changes and still no sign. Ordered MSLR UR, black interior, 19” and wheel. Thought it was pretty “normal”. The advisor I talked to thought I’d have deliver yet in 2023 🤣.

Seriously, is there something weird about my order that would cause this delay?
Those who paid higher price for color get prioritized for same configuration imo.
I was assigned VIN almost immediately after ordering just after color price increase.

I texted my SA about narrowing the delivery date window and how I would pay. I got this reply:
It looks like the current ETA for the vehicle is 3/23. FYI, we do not accept cashier's checks but you will be able to enter your account information and pay through the plaid payment portal.

Is this information wrong? Or is this a Texas thing? Do I need to use Plaid to pay? (I don't want to.)

I still don’t get those who get delivery dates within days. I could go online and order a new car and it estimates delivery yet in March. But I am nearing three months sincerely ordered Dec 18, 2023. I have had 12 EDD changes and still no sign. Ordered MSLR UR, black interior, 19” and wheel. Thought it was pretty “normal”. The advisor I talked to thought I’d have deliver yet in 2023 🤣.

I'm pretty sure Golden Valley had that that build sitting in their back lot a week ago... It would be worth a drive to check.

Took my vehicle off hold. No more fomo about rumors. Teslascope has lost all credibility with their “for the first time Tesla will start delivering model s and model x with bumper cam and ambient lighting” post.

They can post whatever they want but their comments on twitter and their blog post left nothing up to interpretation. It was a bullshit article meant to drive clicks. I hope it was worth it.

Trusted source indeed.

I texted my SA about narrowing the delivery date window and how I would pay. I got this reply:

Is this information wrong? Or is this a Texas thing? Do I need to use Plaid to pay? (I don't want to.)

TX thang, due to our regulations about the "need" to buy from dealerships. The car has to be bought/paid for before it will come to the State. While the registration, etc. stuff has changed, this has not. I think the cars are still bought in/registered in CA before they head our way...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220913-105705.png
    Screenshot_20220913-105705.png
    288.4 KB · Views: 12
They told me 3/6

So they're also telling me 3/6 as well, saying that's when it was "factory gated". The term "factory gated" has been discussed before over the years. Here are some links "Factory Gate Routing" -- What Does it Really Mean? and What does "Factory Gated" mean on a car

Does anyone have any knowledge of this term? For example, isn't it likely that they've been storing all of the vehicles produced during the EPA hold and are just now shipping using 3/6 as the "factory gated" date?

(Edited with better links.)

I'm with you. I just reached out today and this is what they replied. My order date is Dec. 8th. MSLR/SG/19"/Steering wheel/All Black Premium Interior with Ebony Décor/FSD. No VIN with current EDD showing March 12-31.
SmartSelect_20240311_181928_Tesla.jpg

Last edited:

You're not the only UR waiting from a Dec order. I'm still waiting and I think Chip Geek was waiting from Dec 1 and just got his VIN for a UR. All of us ordered before the paint increase.

I went ahead and placed the order for the Model S today (3/11/2024). Now that I understand the front bumper camera is not possible. :(
app says the estimated delivery is March 2024. Bay area California location.
I’ve had an order (white MSLR/19””Wheel) since 1/2 and am in the Bay Area as well. Still no VIN. If I was running logistics at Tesla I’d probably put this order at the end of the month to provide time to ship other orders across the country in order to increase the chances of revenue recognition on as many orders as possible.