Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove the Highland Model 3 today. Nowhere near Model S quality for any number of reasons.

1.) The suspension crashes over bumps, especially at highway speed.
2.) The interior panel alignment can be really awful.

View attachment 1027710

3.) The LED strips are a joke. A sick, sick joke. They look like cheap, aftermarket crap, because they are OEM crap. So distracting. I turned them off. They look especially crap because of the poor panel alignments. And they look like crap because for whatever reason they don't run the length of the trim on the doors, so it looks like part of the LED strip died.

View attachment 1027711

4.) In the daytime, the silver trim on the dash reflects so badly on the windshield I have to assume it's a practical joke. It looks bad in the picture, and it's 10x worse in real life.

View attachment 1027712

View attachment 1027713

5.) The haptic feedback on the steering wheel buttons is certainly better than on the S/X refresh, but it's also really loud.
6.) Speaking of loud, try closing the glovebox without waking the entire car up. Haha, it's hilariously loud. It's magnets that grab and SMACK! It closes.
7.) The center console feels so cheap compared to the previous refresh of the 3.

THAT said, the cabin is certainly quieter than it was with my 2019 Model 3. But it's clear this car is money saving over the prior years.
I reloaded my phones browser and saw the RGB, and got so excited someone picked up an S with the rumored upgrades. Now I’m depressed after realizing it’s the M3.

I drove the Highland Model 3 today. Nowhere near Model S quality for any number of reasons.

1.) The suspension crashes over bumps, especially at highway speed.
2.) The interior panel alignment can be really awful.

View attachment 1027710

3.) The LED strips are a joke. A sick, sick joke. They look like cheap, aftermarket crap, because they are OEM crap. So distracting. I turned them off. They look especially crap because of the poor panel alignments. And they look like crap because for whatever reason they don't run the length of the trim on the doors, so it looks like part of the LED strip died.

View attachment 1027711

4.) In the daytime, the silver trim on the dash reflects so badly on the windshield I have to assume it's a practical joke. It looks bad in the picture, and it's 10x worse in real life.

View attachment 1027712

View attachment 1027713

5.) The haptic feedback on the steering wheel buttons is certainly better than on the S/X refresh, but it's also really loud.
6.) Speaking of loud, try closing the glovebox without waking the entire car up. Haha, it's hilariously loud. It's magnets that grab and SMACK! It closes.
7.) The center console feels so cheap compared to the previous refresh of the 3.

THAT said, the cabin is certainly quieter than it was with my 2019 Model 3. But it's clear this car is money saving over the prior years.

If the MS RGB strips are like that, then I'll be glad I missed them. I suspect, based on the location of the pre-plumbed RGB connectors that they are replacing the satin aluminum trim with the lighting strips which will be sad. Ambient lighting should be ambient and not direct, distracting, or cheap looking.

It would be interesting to enable the feature on our pre RGB cars...the ones with the connectors....and then add our own indirect RGB ambient lighting while leaving the aluminum trim in place.

Of course they might be doing something classy like leaving the aluminum trim but having RGB lighting in a slit underneath it to truly make it indirect. If they do that, then I'll be sad I missed it.

My 15 mile round trip to costco and walgreens yesterday in my msp 241 wh/mile vs epa rating of 270 wh/mile while the bms, for 19", is using 279 wh/mile. My energy graph always shows green because the car thinks rated is 379 wh/mile.

244 wh/mile is last years rated so im only just barely beating that.
View attachment 1027674
You got so traumatized by this 347vs 359 miles bug, you now drive it like grandma to prove to yourself it can do better? :)

• Funny
Reactions: ragweedd and sorka
You got so traumatized by this 347vs 359 miles bug, you now drive it like grandma to prove to yourself it can do better? :)

I'm still traumatized by it but that didn't keep me from doing at least 4 full power launches. You'll know when I'm driving like a grandma because I should be able to do better. Honestly I wasn't even thinking about it until later when I saw the discussion here and checked teslafi to see what I'd actually gotten.

Last edited:
Have you chosen the payment method = finance or cash? That would seem to stop your VIN being assigned if you have not committed to the method of payment.
All tasks that I complete are completed. I'm financing and the loan is locked and loaded. EDD shifted today... "again"... from 12-31 Mar to 19-31 March. Still, No VIN assigned. I'm hoping that the delay is directly related to the "Speculated Front Bumper Camera". That is the only thing that will suffice for the lack of communication, the almost 4-month waiting period from the order date (Dec. 8th), and testing my patience.

All tasks that I complete are completed. I'm financing and the loan is locked and loaded. EDD shifted today... "again"... from 12-31 Mar to 19-31 March. Still, No VIN assigned. I'm hoping that the delay is directly related to the "Speculated Front Bumper Camera". That is the only thing that will suffice for the lack of communication, the almost 4-month waiting period from the order date (Dec. 8th), and testing my patience.
My EDD is Mar 13-31. Per usual, it will change tomorrow, we will see what it changes to. This will be my 13th EDD delay since my order date on Dec 18.

Maybe wait to see if the front bumper camera rumors are true. If that screenshot conversation that teslascope posted holds up then it might be worth the wait. My delivery day got pushed to tomorrow and now I’m on the fence about whether I should reject and wait or accept and move on. 🤔😬
Yes the bumper camera is a consideration, but I'm more concerned that the new auto-pilot is going to be a downgrade from the hw 1.0 mobileye autopilot on my '16 MS for highway driving even if I were to purchase EAP (which I feel is way overpriced). Based on the overnight test drive I did with FSD demo car, AP on my car is way less "naggy" and also does not leave too much of a gap behind the car in front like the new one does (even in assertive mode). Also no phantom braking issues on it. Plus my wife basically depends on summon to pull the car in/out of the garage. Losing the pano roof is also a negative.
On the flip side, battery warranty is ending in couple of weeks and it has 215K miles on it, though range has degraded only about 10-12%. For now I'm thinking of just rolling the dice and upgrade to a new S or X (or may be even a different brand) later when it is more compelling.

When the "front bumper camera" does debut will that impact or cause the removal of the accept Tesla vision warning?

If so, that might be the easiest way to know your 2024 is equipped with such.
No that warning/disclaimer is there just because the still advertised features of summon and auto-park do not work. It will go away only after those features are enabled again or they stop advertising them.

Reactions: ragweedd
Allow me to introduce Rubi.. 2024 S Plaid Full front PPF package, full exterior ION Ceramic Pro Coating, 5% tint all around, 35% tint windshield. 20 inch TSF Tsportsline Wheels, 285 square set Michelin Pilot Sport all season tires. RPMTESLA carbon fiber mirror caps & door handles.

Looks amazing - question i have is about the wheels. I’m guessing you have the standard 19” ? Then kept those and purchased the Tsportlne?

Yay! I just got my 13th change to my EDD! This time moved to March 18-31 from
March 13-31. Still no sign of a VIN. Order date Dec. 18.

My question is when do they break the quarter-end deadline and move the EDD into April? I would guess that won’t happen until April itself comes, as they won’t want to admit it won’t happen in this quarter.

And here I thought I might have this car before Jan. 1…. 🤣

Reactions: TBrownTX and ck1891

My question is when do they break the quarter-end deadline and move the EDD into April? I would guess that won’t happen until April itself comes, as they won’t want to admit it won’t happen in this quarter.

fwiw, I ordered mine on 3/7 and it still says "March" .... basically, March doesn't mean anything other than to signify the end of quarter. LOL 😆. No VIN or any type of movement on my order as expected.

You and I are quickly running out of time for Tesla to build a car, get it on a train and then a truck to Minnesota from the rail yard. Probably might be a good thing though. With all those Model Y’s their trying deliver in the next two weeks I would prefer to stay out that mess. I’m looking at this as a positive at this point.

Reactions: zoomer0056

Got you beat. Today was my 24th EDD change and I ordered after you.

• Funny
Reactions: empiredown
You and I are quickly running out of time for Tesla to build a car, get it on a train and then a truck to Minnesota from the rail yard. Probably might be a good thing though. With all those Model Y’s their trying deliver in the next two weeks I would prefer to stay out that mess. I’m looking at this as a positive at this point.
I have my own quarter end pressures and I need to buy before quarter end or I may have to do something else. Never thought it would take this long.