Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my own quarter end pressures and I need to buy before quarter end or I may have to do something else. Never thought it would take this long.
Yeah definitely hear what you’re saying….
We’ve got some things going on too that it would much, much better to have taken delivery before the end of this quarter also.

Maybe they will fool us. Our first Model S was built, put in an enclosed transport and delivered to Minnesota in less than 10 days.
I do have more confidence with delivery’s in Minnesota in than ideal situations than what some people in thread are dealing with. We zero complaints with the Minnesota and Wisconsin Tesla teams.

Reactions: empiredown
Yeah definitely hear what you’re saying….
We’ve got some things going on too that it would much, much better to have taken delivery before the end of this quarter also.

Maybe they will fool us. Our first Model S was built, put in an enclosed transport and delivered to Minnesota in less than 10 days.
I do have more confidence with delivery’s in Minnesota in than ideal situations than what some people in thread are dealing with. We zero complaints with the Minnesota and Wisconsin Tesla teams.
I know they pull out all the stops for quarter end deliveries and am hoping that those kids who put pressure on to take deliveries will work some magic. Or, more realistically, they will put pressure on me to accept some other build. I initially ordered a Y in early December and they were on me non-stop to take delivery before quarter end. When I switched to the S, they pushed non-stop for me to accept a demo car that would have 4 months less warranty and could have cosmetic damage. I figured I would wait and have a new one in a month or so. 🤣

I rejected my car last Friday - 3/8/24. Later that day, the EDD on my app showed an EDD of 03/08/24 to 03/15/24. That remained the same through yesterday. When I checked the app today, the EDD was removed….no vin assigned. 😡🤦‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️
Yeah, they texted me this morning to say my car was available early and that I could schedule an earlier pickup... I replied I was there yesterday... Probably takes a few days for them to remove it.

Did you end up rejecting yours yesterday ?
Yeah. Too many minor issues and terrible presentation annoyed me. Dirt all over the car. Scratches in the paint, damaged under side from scraping the front bumper, damaged drivers handle, seat wrinkles, driver's rear door misaligned, sticker goo, dirty floor mats, etc. Small stuff, but annoying. Maybe if they had cleaned it properly and I wasn't roasting in the sun cleaning it myself for two hours, I would have been more forgiving.

Also, three of the four door handles were too far recessed, making the puddle lights probably not work. Is everyone getting theirs delivered like that? I had mine fixed on my '21, but it took a trip to the SC to get them adjusted.

Yeah. Too many minor issues and terrible presentation annoyed me. Dirt all over the car. Scratches in the paint, damaged under side from scraping the front bumper, damaged drivers handle, seat wrinkles, driver's rear door misaligned, sticker goo, dirty floor mats, etc. Small stuff, but annoying. Maybe if they had cleaned it properly and I wasn't roasting in the sun cleaning it myself for two hours, I would have been more forgiving.

Also, three of the four door handles were too far recessed, making the puddle lights probably not work. Is everyone getting theirs delivered like that? I had mine fixed on my '21, but it took a trip to the SC to get them adjusted.
My handles are also recessed a bit. They make a funny digital noise when out, almost like Morse Code. When I push the handles, I get a bit of a response. Could it be Dojo?

Honestly, I feel like the latest revision is not great at keeping them in place. I have had my rear handle addressed multiple times. Yes, it is the handle I press to wake the car in my garage before walking to the charger and unplug it. But a repeated press should not cause the handle to recess further.

I imagine overtime that they will start to push the ability to “fix” that via remote / mobile service. Imagine it can be done through remotely accessing the car and settings.

My handles are also recessed a bit. They make a funny digital noise when out, almost like Morse Code. When I push the handles, I get a bit of a response. Could it be Dojo?
Have you tried the door handle calibration in service mode yourself? Running that automatic calibration fixed an issue with one of my handles in the past where it opened differently than all the others. I was pleasantly surprised it worked.

Nah that seat pic you sent would be enough for me to reject alone. Don’t blame you.

Wish there was a dislike button lol. Hopefully that means they are assigning you to one with the updates
The funny thing is once my delivery date was established the EDD info was removed from the app. After I rejected the call, a few hours later the EDD info was back in the app at 3/8/24 to 3/15/24. Essentially six days later, the EDD info just disappeared.

I called and spoke to a Tesla advisor this evening. He drilled down on my account and basically told me that there was no info available other than they were waiting for a car with my specs to be to be completed at the factory for a VIN to be assigned. When asked if he had any idea of the timeline for this process to happen he responded you just need to keep checking your app and email. He had no info. So I guess I am being treated like a brand new order, despite my car being ordered 12/8/23. What a system. The upside is the possibility of a front camera, the downside is another multi-month wait.

Last edited:
I had no response from inquiries to an advisor for three days. Today I got a text indicating they were reaching out to someone to find out what the delay was. I just got a text saying “I have reached out to our Order Support alias to get more information from their team who have access to the behind the scenes workings. I will update you as soon as I hear back from them.” Not sure who or what their “order support alias” is—but the whole place is probably run by artificial intelligence and it’s having hallucinations….

Reactions: zoomer0056