Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting comment about the haptic feel. Though I had driven the prior yoke, I haven't had as much experience with it vs. the wheel.

View attachment 1028286
I recently had the new yoke installed (to replace an old peeling yoke). The new yoke is not perfect and has some unevenness. The haptics seem the same to me. The scroll wheels seem to push-in a little bit easier though.

Reactions: dn325ci
MSLR, Stealth Grey, white interior,wheel, 19. Ordered 2/17. This morning I was able to schedule my delivery date for next Friday the 22nd. Very excited for this car. Really hoping there isn’t any crazy issues but not getting my hopes up either with end of Q1 car haha

Last edited:
OK. This is infuriating. Ordered MSLR UR on Dec 18. Still no VIN. Stopped by the local Tesla dealer just now. On the lot is this one just as I ordered. But is their demo car and has 1200 miles on it. They thought my order was “peculiar” and had no idea why it wasn’t matched with a VIN since they get other Model S LRs in regularly. They are “checking.” At least I got to sit in one and smell the new car smell…. Maybe some day I will get my own.
Just got a text from the local advisor who said they spoke to someone “who was able to look behind the scenes” and my car is supposedly set to be built next week. Not holding my breath, but Thursday is my birthday 🤞🏻

That's strange. UR, 19s, wheel, should be a really common configuration. I've been matched with VINs four times since Nov 10. Three times were the same car, though. :rolleyes:
How have you been matched 4 times? I thought its twice, and if you dont accept, order is cancelled. Im asking because Im holding out for a bumper camera, I delayed delivery as long as I could, put order on hold, then didnt schedule delivery of the next car that came along. I got a message that my order was cancelled, so I sucked up the $250 as a loss, and reordered (and then got matched to the same damn VIN I had just rejected)

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
How have you been matched 4 times? I thought its twice, and if you dont accept, order is cancelled. Im asking because Im holding out for a bumper camera, I delayed delivery as long as I could, put order on hold, then didnt schedule delivery of the next car that came along. I got a message that my order was cancelled, so I sucked up the $250 as a loss, and reordered (and then got matched to the same damn VIN I had just rejected)
Same. I had to cancel and lost the $250. And then got rematched with the same 2023 VIN on Jan 14...

098E52E7-6F34-4ED3-B545-9B1E6D6DF65B.jpeg

Slightly off topic: Caught my eye in the latest dev blog: cybertruck themed versions of the sport seats! wondering if this is going to become a universal option, with inserts for each model designation.

Saw the Highland 3 rgb lighting in person today and really liked it. Convinced me to wait until it’s definitely added.
I find it hard to believe that the S implementation will be the same because it will require them to redo the entire interior frontmost plastic piece that meets the windshield (obviously I have no idea what that piece is actually called). And there is a "grill" look to that, so doubt that is going away.

The only option would be in the silver trim that someone mentioned before and there has been evidence (read: years old) that tubes were installed from the factory.

You are giving them too much credit for using logic. For those that were here in 2021, we used to say the VIN assignment was ran by a monkey.

In reality, it is possible that there was a car in-transit or near that individual and they could easily match / transport it to them.
We will see if it holds true, but I started asking for an update everyday and started citing these posts about cars with a much later delivery date getting a VIN. I went into the Tesla location and talked to a manger. They were surprised at the delay (because I think they have made deliveries of the same model to more recent orders). They say I will get a VIN next week. We shall see. But I think friendly pestering may help.