Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I told TESLAI would have a cashiers check at delivery. After inspecting the car the check stayed in my pocket and I rejected the car. Brought the check back to my bank and deposited back in my account. :) Based on all the delivery horrors I have read, there is no way I would do it any other way than a cashiers check.
Exactly my thoughts lol. Don’t want to deal with going back and forth trying to get my money back

Thanks, I am beginning to think so too...although, they must have a batch of seats in various colors and just shove whatever into whatever?
You’d think… but since they have been producing MSLRs with Cream with ‘24 VINs, I’m assuming there is something else going on. P’s have the different piping on the seats, so it’s not exactly a one for one. We’ll see eventually…

So my MSLR order from Nov 27th 2023 has finally been assigned a vin (after i told them that this movement of EDD is absurd and i need my deposit back)

I, however, could not wait and already got an inventory vehicle with a separate order (with a $2500 increase in price for UR)

Now i need your help. How do i go about getting my $250 deposit back?

PS. If any of you are looking for a MSLR UR 19" Black in NJ for pre color price increase let me know ;)

So my MSLR order from Nov 27th 2023 has finally been assigned a vin (after i told them that this movement of EDD is absurd and i need my deposit back)

I, however, could not wait and already got an inventory vehicle with a separate order (with a $2500 increase in price for UR)

Now i need your help. How do i go about getting my $250 deposit back?

PS. If any of you are looking for a MSLR UR 19" Black in NJ for pre color price increase let me know ;)
Waiting for the same build in MN from Dec 18 order. I know they made them because the dealer has one there as their demo model….

Also, got an issue with the frunk not opening after pressing the open button once... it pops out but does not let me lift it (gets stuck on something) ... i am able to get it to open if i press the open button twice

Anyone else had this issue?
Think someone posted about it earlier in this thread or a separate thread. I doubt pressing it again will unhook it as I bet it is already unlatched. You might be able to press it shut and then unlatch it again with better results. Otherwise, sounds like service.

I told TESLAI would have a cashiers check at delivery. After inspecting the car the check stayed in my pocket and I rejected the car. Brought the check back to my bank and deposited back in my account. :) Based on all the delivery horrors I have read, there is no way I would do it any other way than a cashiers check.
That is what I did as well. Redeposited and earning interest in my high yield savings account.

Reactions: mistaDubZ
Also, got an issue with the frunk not opening after pressing the open button once... it pops out but does not let me lift it (gets stuck on something) ... i am able to get it to open if i press the open button twice

Anyone else had this issue?
I could not open the frunk on the plaid I demoed over night before i bought mine. My LR sometimes doesn’t open but seems to be working. I made an appt in the app and I keep postponing it because it’s a pain to take the car in and It’s not too much of a problem. If it bothers you they can replace the actuator is what my work order said without them seeing it. At least that’s what I think it’s called and obviously a common problem.

I could not open the frunk on the plaid I demoed over night before i bought mine. My LR sometimes doesn’t open but seems to be working. I made an appt in the app and I keep postponing it because it’s a pain to take the car in and It’s not too much of a problem. If it bothers you they can replace the actuator is what my work order said without them seeing it. At least that’s what I think it’s called and obviously a common problem.
Yeah, I saw that problem on a lot of cars on the lot. The one I rejected actually didn't have that problem. Seems to be a common manufacturing problem right now. New fun!

• Informative
Reactions: cwanja
Interesting that many of you with cream interiors are having such a long wait. I ordered mid February and after the EPA delay, was assigned a VIN and prompted to schedule delivery. Couldn’t take delivery due to schedule,put my order on hold. Original VIN reassigned to someone else. Released hold on March 12 and was assigned new VIN almost immediately. Scheduled for delivery 3/28.

MSLR, 19”, ultra red, steering wheel.

Reactions: RyanC1384