Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up Sirius Black today! Fairly flawless delivery. No issues that I could see. Door alignment looked spot on. Drove it across the parking lot to my Tint/PPF place to get that done first thing. Our delivery center experience was really good. The delivery manager gave us some time to look over the car, stayed out of our way. Really like the new phone as key process, been a few years since my last pickup. Works really well. This is my wife's car, but I am the one that did the order, so it added to mine, invited her and it was just seconds for her to add.

They were using the warehouse space, but as we found at the PPF place, the lighting was not ideal for paint review. That being said, only one issue I saw that was a surface smudge that the PPF place was confident it would not be an issue.

They do a ton of Tesla's which is why they are in the same parking lot. They were telling me that they must have changed the process as cars are coming in with more surface scratches/swirls. Mine was not terrible and they were confident they would be able to correct most and the PPF would hide many of them. They did have a Black wrapped Cybertruck in the work bay, I say I like it much better as it looked really good in black.

View attachment 1030690

Gorgeous!

Reactions: rockytop23
One hundred and sixteen days.... From order to vin. We've accumulated a lot of accessories during that time 😂 Our living room looks like a Tesla accessory center.

This one won't count for this quarter though as it will not be in Minnesota until the first couple of weeks in April. Funny thing is our delivery will likely end up being within a few days of the date we took delivery of our first Tesla 8 years ago.

My wife's car so she is a really,really a happy camper today. No more "I'm going to Fremont and pound on some doors!!!!" "Where %*#@ is my car!!!" 😂 That girl sure is a keeper..

One hundred and sixteen days.... From order to vin. We've accumulated a lot of accessories during that time 😂 Our living room looks like a Tesla accessory center.

This one won't count for this quarter though as it will not be in Minnesota until the first couple of weeks in April. Funny thing is our delivery will likely end up being within a few days of the date we took delivery of our first Tesla 8 years ago.

My wife's car so she is a really,really a happy camper today. No more "I'm going to Fremont and pound on some doors!!!!" "Where %*#@ is my car!!!" 😂 That girl sure is a keeper..
I got my VIN yesterday and was told today that it is already in transit to the IL rail yard with a “rough” estimated ETA of 3/29. With dealers closed in MN on Sundays, it has to arrive 3/29 or 3/30. Not expecting it will make it….

I got my VIN yesterday and was told today that it is already in transit to the IL rail yard with a “rough” estimated ETA of 3/29. With dealers closed in MN on Sundays, it has to arrive 3/29 or 3/30. Not expecting it will make it….
They may just surprise you. Ours was just built yesterday so it may even still show up in this weeks Fremont drone flyover.. So we won't see that one for a while. I thought maybe we'd both be getting a car next week with several showing in transit to Minnesota.

They may just surprise you. Ours was just built yesterday so it may even still show up in this weeks Fremont drone flyover.. So we won't see that one for a while. I thought maybe we'd both be getting a car next week with several showing in transit to Minnesota.
Mine was built March 18. Maybe just early enough that it actually is in transit already.

Reactions: ck1891
Received a vin yesterday and delivery will be on Monday.

For folks who plan to remove the front license plate holder, do you plan to do this yourself or take it to a shop?

Ordered on Feb 22. MSLR, SG, yoke. Initial delivery was mid March but I was out of town so put it on a hold. Hold was removed couple of days ago.

Reactions: zoomer0056

For folks who plan to remove the front license plate holder, do you plan to do this yourself or take it to a shop?

Ordered on Feb 22. MSLR, SG, yoke. Initial delivery was mid March but I was out of town so put it on a hold. Hold was removed couple of days ago.
Congratulations! The holder is attached with two sided tape. You can remove it by sawing through the tape with fishing line. Spider Wire is very strong.

Reactions: Eiger
Interesting comment about the haptic feel. Though I had driven the prior yoke, I haven't had as much experience with it vs. the wheel.

View attachment 1028286
Sawyer is such a Tesla shill it’s hilarious. The haptics are the same as they always were (as in, weak). And actually this yoke has even worse quality control than the previous one when it comes to required pressure to activate the turn signals. My first mechanical-horn yoke required so much pressure to engage the turn signals it was ruining my enjoyment of driving. Just had that replaced again today and the replacement is just like my 2021 and 2022 original yoke Model S. If your new yoke sucks like my first updated one, get it replaced.

full ppf is $7000-8000
Wow, that's a lot. I don't quite understand spending that much on PPF. I've owned my cars for 2-3 years on average and the paint usually looks near perfect by the time I'm ready to sell. I usually get 1-2 small rock chips that can be fixed with touch-up paint. I was thinking of getting ceramic coating, though I don't know if that will help at all with rock chip resistance.

I took mine off with fishing line and hair dryer to apply some ppf myself. I did ok with the ppf but I’m going to get part of the front professionally done. My quote was 6500 for full ppf which I can’t just justify for paint.