Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I mean for $8,000 it seems like it would be cheaper just to repaint the car as needed...
Exactly. Just invest that $8k in something good like bitcoin instead. If you actually get any dings or paint chips and they bother you enough, just pay to get them fixed. Saves a ton of money in the long run. And honestly, when you go to resell or trade-in your car, the resale value of having PPF on it is pretty much nothing.

Reactions: CraigE1965 and AMPd
Exactly. Just invest that $8k in something good like bitcoin instead. If you actually get any dings or paint chips and they bother you enough, just pay to get them fixed. Saves a ton of money in the long run. And honestly, when you go to resell or trade-in your car, the resale value of having PPF on it is pretty much nothing.
Who do you pay to get them fixed? Body shop? I tried having my detailer do touchup paint, and it didn't go well.

Reactions: TSLA Pilot
Taking delivery today. First EV. Ordered MSLR white on white with yoke. Everything has be going smoothly so far until yesterday. Am unable to access the review agreement section of the Tesla app to review agreement. Message Tesla yesterday and they told me that there system was running slow and it would be available tomorrow morning. Well it’s morning and still no access. I’m just going to go to my appointment today and hopefully the team at the delivery center can help.

Wow, that's a lot. I don't quite understand spending that much on PPF. I've owned my cars for 2-3 years on average and the paint usually looks near perfect by the time I'm ready to sell. I usually get 1-2 small rock chips that can be fixed with touch-up paint. I was thinking of getting ceramic coating, though I don't know if that will help at all with rock chip resistance.
Yeah, keeping a car for just two years makes spending $ on any PPF not worth it for the seller. But a buyer would choose the PPFed car over nonPPF, all else being the same.

Update: my MSLR 2024 , steering, stealth grey, steering wheel, 19” delivery journey has come to an end! Delivery was pretty smooth no dents, scratches, or major misalignments on the panels. Only issue I have is one of my headlights and taillights needs to be readjusted to fit “spec” and have a service appointment already. I was only able to take one pic as it’s been raining here yesterday and today. Will post more tomorrow when we have more sun.
IMG_1162.jpeg
Thanks to everyone here. You all have provided way more insight than Tesla delivery team ever did lol. Hope those still waiting get theirs soon!

Taking delivery today. First EV. Ordered MSLR white on white with yoke. Everything has be going smoothly so far until yesterday. Am unable to access the review agreement section of the Tesla app to review agreement. Message Tesla yesterday and they told me that there system was running slow and it would be available tomorrow morning. Well it’s morning and still no access. I’m just going to go to my appointment today and hopefully the team at the delivery center can help.
Similar thing happened to me. I called Tesla and the representative did something on her end and emailed everything to me. The call was about 10 min - 7 min waiting.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Received a vin yesterday and delivery will be on Monday.

For folks who plan to remove the front license plate holder, do you plan to do this yourself or take it to a shop?

Ordered on Feb 22. MSLR, SG, yoke. Initial delivery was mid March but I was out of town so put it on a hold. Hold was removed couple of days ago.
I am heading to get tint and PPF today, took delivery Thursday.

Removed the license plate holder yesterday. It was VERY easy. Toughest part was getting the 3 bolts off the cover. Fishing wire worked perfectly and getting the excess binder off once removed is also straightforward.

Completed the job by cleaning with some soap and water and a little car wax (Butter wet wax from chemical guys) to make it look good as new.

On hold with them right now with a similar issue... received the option to scheduled delivery yesterday and scheduled for tomorrow. I've been texting back and forth since then trying to get the MVPA to share with my bank for final financing with no luck...
Similar thing happened to me. I called Tesla and the representative did something on her end and emailed everything to me. The call was about 10 min - 7 min waiting.

On hold with them right now with a similar issue... received the option to scheduled delivery yesterday and scheduled for tomorrow. I've been texting back and forth since then trying to get the MVPA to share with my bank for final financing with no luck...
How's financing looking? I've thought about it, but 6.5 percent seems high. Am I going to beat that in the market, minus taxes?

Reactions: zoomer0056