Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No doubt the good stories outnumber the bad ones but I’ve never seen any forum with as many bad deliveries as this one and it’s not even close so there’s that. My Plaid had several defects that no manufacturer would ever allow through quality control.
Both can be true at the same, and what you say is true. Tesla makes great cars but some of the rattle cans that they let pass through QC and PDI, it’s next level lmao. Fortunately, it’s not that many in the grand scheme but more than it should be.

I am taking into consideration that people who post are more likely dissatisfied. I agree that a dirty car is a minor issue. But...we pay a lot of money for these cars and they should be delivered properly cleaned, charged and without major issues.
Agree. You’re right to be annoyed. I like Teslas and have been a customer since 2012. But you can’t deliver a brand new (let alone used) car in that condition. No other car company would try to pull that sh*t, not even at a $20K price point. I’ve been on the receiving end of both clean Tesla deliveries and also a very dirty one (you’d think it was in a rally race and then quickly hosed off). It’s just unprofessional, to say least.

Reactions: ck1891
That looks like someone just photoshopped a bunch of tools on there in various places, randomly. Amazing.
Ha. They may not seem very organized. It's kind of where I put flat tools and cords so I don't interfere with getting in and out of my car. The garage has been a long project that started with bare studs and adding insulation and drywall, to now being in pretty good shape.
1000005100.jpg

PXL_20231217_220333358.jpg

PXL_20231217_214804858.jpg

Reactions: aerodyne
Picked up my MSLR UR today. Had to delay until 4 pm as they waited for the truck from Chicago. But then I got there they had cleaned it up and it looked great. Pickup was flawless, as is the car to my untrained eye. Only issue is the back upper brake light flashes occasionally when parked. They thought it was a loose wire, but it still did it when i got home so I set up mobile service for early next week. It is a fabulous car and I am very happy with it.

excuse my ignorance, can you explain the reason for the wheel alignment ?
just to make sure its the specs i wanted, mostly trying to mitigate for the inner tire wear which is notorious among Tesla. Did alignment for my 2022 Plaid and i m still on original tire after 25k miles, tire barely wears off, going plaid all day and highway runs often too.