Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems such a weird thing to get wrong. I bet there is still some supply issue holding things up. I’ll probably just wait and see how this quarter shapes up and if no news I’ll just pull the trigger anyways.
This has been “imminent” according to “reliable sources” since October 2023. IF the rumors are even true, I doubt it’s a supply issue. According to the latest “source” the parts have been in Fremont since early March.

How many here delayed or canceled to wait for these rumored changes?
This sort of thing happens all the time. I remember all the "should I put on a hold" posts here for swivel screen, matrix headlights, maybe even steam support. NotATeslaApp was an early supporter, citing sources familiar with, of the bumper camera and mood light rumor for the S. These may come, and there's probably a rumor just around the corner that will cause more FOMO. I've never seen a buzz like this throughout the year from any other auto manufacturers. Well, I'm also not on any other forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: fupito
This has been “imminent” according to “reliable sources” since October 2023. IF the rumors are even true, I doubt it’s a supply issue. According to the latest “source” the parts have been in Fremont since early March.
The unverified bit of info I thought made the most sense was that "only engineering cars have the front camera right now". Parts can be in stock, workers on the floor can hear that they are coming soon, but if they have not been signed off on nothing will happen.

This sort of thing happens all the time. I remember all the "should I put on a hold" posts here for swivel screen, matrix headlights, maybe even steam support. NotATeslaApp was an early supporter, citing sources familiar with, of the bumper camera and mood light rumor for the S. These may come, and there's probably a rumor just around the corner that will cause more FOMO. I've never seen a buzz like this throughout the year from any other auto manufacturers. Well, I'm also not on any other forum.
Due to the improved accuracy and reliability of updated Vision Park Assist, my guess is that a front bumper camera is not coming to S3XY cars. As for RGB ambient lighting, I doubt this will come before the next significant refresh of the Model S. That said, I could be totally wrong. 😂

Well, to be fair, other auto manufacturers dont continuously update their cars - their changes are based on model year. And you do generall see speculation of new features around model year changes with other auto makers.

Due to the improved accuracy and reliability of updated Vision Park Assist, my guess is that a front bumper camera is not coming to S3XY cars. As for RGB ambient lighting, I doubt this will come before the next significant refresh of the Model S. That said, I could be totally wrong. 😂
There's no reason for either of those things to have to wait for a significant refersh.
The design and wiring for those features has been nearly complete since launch. There is even precedent in China of adding RGB to the existing Model Y (dashboard only).
Who knows what's holding it up, maybe they're still running through the old parts and with demand down, it's taking longer than expected.

Seems such a weird thing to get wrong. I bet there is still some supply issue holding things up. I’ll probably just wait and see how this quarter shapes up and if no news I’ll just pull the trigger anyways.
Also, if they changed over 4/1 and it takes on average 2 days to complete a car including paint (not sure if I'm making that up), then at least 4 days to prep for shipping, ship, receive, and process the first ones shouldn't be available prior to 4/7 and for those of us on the East side of the MS river, 4/9+. I don't think we can yet make any statements. Not sure if the S's are still being run in regional batches but it used to be that t he first 3-4 weeks of every quarter were devoted to oversea cars, so maybe it might take a month to know.

There's no reason for either of those things to have to wait for a significant refersh.
The design and wiring for those features has been nearly complete since launch. There is even precedent in China of adding RGB to the existing Model Y (dashboard only).
Who knows what's holding it up, maybe they're still running through the old parts and with demand down, it's taking longer than expected.
Stop trying to make sense 🤪

I Finally took delivery... Ain't she's Pertty.
20240404_155032.jpg
SmartSelect_20240404_231330_Tesla.jpg
20240404_161902.png

Last edited:
Hi, Just wondering if you had a chance to inspect your new Tesla undercarriage before or after the delivery. I got my 2024 Tesla Y around end of Feb and mine looks like it might have been in the flood field and I have quite of accumulation of mud and gravel underneath of the vehicle. What you want to look for is mud spots undercarriage and debris trapped inside of the front skid plate area. I hope yours is okay but if you or someone you know find similar issues, please let me know. Thank You! 🙏