Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So far my issues are: misaligned frunk leading to misaligned panel gaps (left it alone), misaligned rear hatch leading to rattle (self addressed by adjusting rubber stops), rear seat rattle (self addressed using gaffers tape), inconsistent door handles (rear slightly more recessed than front - left it alone), doors slightly misaligned leading to inconsistent window seal (left it alone but calibrated windows in service menu, which helped some), wind nose at high speeds (addressed using RPMTesla silicone strip to cover seam where windshield meets glass roof). Cosmetically, I got lucky. No paint issues, scuffs, scratches etc. Seats and interior were perfect except slightly misaligned trim up front.

Do you all think Tesla will ever update the tooling for the MS so the car is built in a much more uniform fashion? The model S is such a fantastic car overall but I’d be hard pressed to buy another knowing how much variation there is from car to car. Model 3 seems to be put together much better.

think Tesla will ever update the tooling for the MS so the car is built in a much more uniform fashion?
I think probably not, as it is not a volume seller. But I wish they would- it would fix the door, handle and hatch problems, but maybe not worth their retooling costs.
I suspect Taycan is nicely built, and the new one looks like it has fixed ALL the issues with the old. Just need to pony up a lot of cash.
A Taycan 4S with 14K in options is $AUD255 000 here. Wow.

We took delivery today MSLR UR. No drama of any kind. Fit and finish is Excellent!! Took all time we wanted to look it over. Our detailer and I went over the car again later we couldn’t anything more than a little adhesive on some trim. FUSC transferred as soon as I accepted the car in the app. It was a Long wait 133 days from order to delivery but very much worth the wait. This one is a keeper just like the last one.

Pictures when the tint and PPF are done. But man that is a Beautiful car!! 😘😘

We took delivery today MSLR UR. No drama of any kind. Fit and finish is Excellent!! Took all time we wanted to look it over. Our detailer and I went over the car again later we couldn’t anything more than a little adhesive on some trim. FUSC transferred as soon as I accepted the car in the app. It was a Long wait 133 days from order to delivery but very much worth the wait. This one is a keeper just like the last one.

Pictures when the tint and PPF are done. But man that is a Beautiful car!! 😘😘
Count your blessings! You got a unicorn.

Try this guy:

Strange that in the video he says 3 times not to buy this if you don’t have wind noise…as if it’s a solution but could cause an issue if you don’t have the problem to begin with?

Drove about 60 miles today... 25 to work/ 25 from work to home/ and ran some errands. Lovin it... I was thinking about getting one more panel but I think I am satisfied. My grid usage today was only 5kwh @ a flat rate of $0.08/kwh. I only used $0.40 in electricity today after charging.
SmartSelect_20240408_230544_Tesla.jpg

Last edited:
Strange that in the video he says 3 times not to buy this if you don’t have wind noise…as if it’s a solution but could cause an issue if you don’t have the problem to begin with?
Can’t imagine it would cause an issue. I didn’t have significant wind noise but installed it anyway to tighten up the seams. After installing, I did actually hear less wind noise at high speeds.

Couple of questions for this community
2. I am also not able to get the center console gear shift to work it always appears for a few seconds and when I press nothing happens. Is it only available in transport mode ( I remember when you touch the center console it used to appear and stay there in the demo drive vehicles )

Any ideas on the above ?
Re: the center console gear thing, I have found that I have to touch one of the buttons with the brake depressed to activate it, which takes almost a second, at which point the lights come on, and then I can select D or R or whatever, and that works, but also with a slight delay. BTW: when I did this at the dealer, the salesperson was super-surprised: had never seen this aspect of the car. I used this method to get the car going for a while but the interface delays finally got to me and I mostly just use the screen now.

Re: the center console gear thing, I have found that I have to touch one of the buttons with the brake depressed to activate it, which takes almost a second, at which point the lights come on, and then I can select D or R or whatever, and that works, but also with a slight delay. BTW: when I did this at the dealer, the salesperson was super-surprised: had never seen this aspect of the car. I used this method to get the car going for a while but the interface delays finally got to me and I mostly just use the screen now.
Yeah unfortunately the backup is meant to be a backup. You’ll notice that it lights up and springs into action when your screen freezes or crashes. I also wish it were more responsive and not just a backup.

I like those. Do they hurt efficiency a lot ?

These are what I got…