Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same difference. I didn't mean actual leather inside out. It's a pain to keep clean and doesn't wear evenly.

Nah... unless you drive naked. They are no harder to keep clean in my experience, even steering wheels and shift knobs that are constantly soaking up sweat and oil from your mitts. These will just be Alcantara bolsters vice the whole seats, which I've had a couple versions in the past. All you need is elbow grease, some water and good, clean microfiber cloths. Alcantara was actually made to not require any chemicals and to be pretty easy to maintain as long as you keep ahead of the funk curve. How long they hold up is the real problem, especially on the areas (like bolsters) that tend to take the most abuse getting in/out of the seat. Just retrain yourself to get in/out of the vehicle differently if you're worried about it. Fall into the seats vs slide into them. I'm psyched and I think they will look/feel great.

Nah... unless you drive naked. They are no harder to keep clean in my experience, even steering wheels and shift knobs that are constantly soaking up sweat and oil from your mitts. These will just be Alcantara bolsters vice the whole seats, which I've had a couple versions in the past. All you need is elbow grease, some water and good, clean microfiber cloths. Alcantara was actually made to not require any chemicals and to be pretty easy to maintain as long as you keep ahead of the funk curve. How long they hold up is the real problem, especially on the areas (like bolsters) that tend to take the most abuse getting in/out of the seat. Just retrain yourself to get in/out of the vehicle differently if you're worried about it. Fall into the seats vs slide into them. I'm psyched and I think they will look/feel great.
I think they look good. Damn, took delivery a few weeks too early.

You're experience doesn't match my own. I also tend to keep my cars for 150K plus miles and pseudo and real suede has never held up as well and it takes more effort to keep it looking decent.

Reactions: Dylan McNamee
I suspect their BOM on the new seats is saving them money over the previous seats.
Probably a volume thing too. The new seat is shared with the model 3 ludicrous, which will probably sell in greater volume than the S/X altogether. So I doubt their overall cost is changing much, but they get to advertise something new for the Plaid.