Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And just like that, got an email right now confirming changes for my MSP that I didn't make - they updated the order to the sports seats automatically and my EDD range now changed from 4/19-5/24 ---> 4/25-5/16. So, like a lot of folks have experienced in the past, the EDD time window has shrunk getting closer towards delivery. No VIN!

Edit: The price also just dropped by $2K. PERFECT TIMING!
Congrats! I missed the seats. But I did get the artisanal hand-hammered door hinges!

I ordered a Plaid before the new seats were announced. My store mentioned my VIN should be assigned on 4/20 and what do you know, VIN was assigned this morning. They also mentioned not having any Model S deliveries for a few weeks so the Model S may be rolling off the line again now.
Yep makes sense, in particular, the Plaids are really due. Been ages. At least we got the sports seats included and a price drop. Was hoping for some sign of life for the bumper camera but that has gone the way of Bigfoot. 😂

Doesn't bode well for some (imo necessary) software updates like restoring IC parity with legacy S/X and maybe moving the FSD display over to the main screen instead of being cramped on the IC.
Well, I hope that doesn't happen. Might as well be driving (Supervising) a car without an Instrument Panel (IP).

1000029411.jpg

I thought the 19’s were a much better ride IMO. I test drove a MSP with 21’s for a couple hours. So my experience with 21’s isn’t that much.

Maybe someone can chime in that made the switch from 21s to 19s with more road time than me.
It’s definitely noticeable to most people, especially over bumps. Also range and noise can be significantly different. However, I personally love the look of the 21s on the car so I just went with the arachnids. I’ll be adding wheel spacers ASAP to mitigate inner tire wear problem, though.

New UI coming soon as reported by Kim Java.

Auto open of hatch, among other things.

Only thing I want now is massaging seats. Maybe they can program the half shafts to do that in the next update.
Yeah, saw that on NotATeslaApp

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
The gearshift icons in the center console only work when the gearshift on the screen does not work. So when you reset and the main screen is black for a short time, the icons in the center console are on. As soon the main screen is on again, the center icons are off again.
Thanks much I thought in the demo vehicles it was always on or you could activate it by touch for me the service guy said it is something they need to replace. I have contacted them twice now