Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Possibly because few have any interest in album art and even fewer know what albums are?
Really? So few no about album art? I totally disagree, as my 21 year old son loves album art and loves displaying it on his car as large as possible. Heck - majority of my nieces and nephews are all into records now too and love the album art displayed on the cover.

Reactions: sorka
No more enhanced autopilot and only FSD option now... FSD is now $8,000!!!

However, after my 1 month trial + 3 months of FSD through the referral program, I'd still opt for the $99 monthly FSD subscription. Best part, you can add/remove the FSD subscription as needed!!!

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240421_123726_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240421_123726_Chrome.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: zoomer0056
No VIN, but just went to 25 May - 30 Jun EDD today. 23 Dec ‘23 per below deets… First specified dates we’ve seen so far.
Still no VIN and my EDD went from the above to Jul 10 - Sep 4 overnight ... ! :oops:

Sent a text in the App and was told no real news, but that I should continue to expect my EDD to hop around a bit, the new Order Agreements were auto-generated due to the price changes, and that they would continue to honor my previously established FSD transfer at this time on our trade-in. Enjoy your Sunday, y'a'll!

congrats! Crazy because I ordered MSP on 3/7 but no VIN yet. I’m assuming it’s coming soon, though. I still got the sports seats and $2k discount automatically adjusted.

Been following this thread for a few months... Been waiting to place my MSP order since the erroneous rumor of the front bumper camera rumors... Can care less about the "ambient" light upgrade and SO glad it never made it's way to the MS...

With the announcement of the Sports Seats addition to the MSP last Friday, I went in to place my order on Saturday, April 13 for the MSP/GS/White/Arachnid/Yoke... Got my VIN on Wednesday, April 18th and asked my SA for the build date and was told April 16!!! Accepted my order agreement the following day...

Then Tesla announced that they're cutting the price by $2k on Friday, April 19... Thought I'd have to cancel my order and lose my $250 order fee and place another order and fork up another $250 to get the new price...

NOPE!!! Contacted my SA and was told that the new price was already applied, downloaded my order agreement and sure enough the MSP was listed as $87,990!!!

Completed the rest of my delivery tasks on (__420__(@~~~ and scheduled my delivery for April 21. Hope my inspection goes as well as the order process!!! 🙏 🤞
Flawless delivery!!! Gaps are perfect, doors aligned and opens/close perfectly!

Sports Seats are amazing!!!

Attachments

• IMG-20240421-WA0030.jpg
    IMG-20240421-WA0030.jpg
    388.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240421_151554.jpg
    20240421_151554.jpg
    611.6 KB · Views: 3
A lot of people are saying “free paint choice”. I received my updated order agreement and the price adjustment is there but I’m still being charged $2500 for Ultra Red. I went to the order page and there still showing a charge for Ultra Red? Different pricing for different regions? 🤷🏻‍♂️

How do you like the seats?
Love them!!! Not gonna slide around if I ever do some aggressive driving!!! Was hoping the black part of the seats were alcantara but it's vegan suede leather but they feel real nice!

Spoke to another Plaid owner at the lot and he said it's $3,500 per seat to retrofit so I'm really glad I waited to place my order!!

Love them!!! Not gonna slide around if I ever do some aggressive driving!!! Was hoping the black part of the seats were alcantara but it's vegan suede leather but they feel real nice!

Spoke to another Plaid owner at the lot and he said it's $3,500 per seat to retrofit so I'm really glad I waited to place my order!!
are they comfortable? how do you think they compare to the earlier ones?

A lot of people are saying “free paint choice”. I received my updated order agreement and the price adjustment is there but I’m still being charged $2500 for Ultra Red. I went to the order page and there still showing a charge for Ultra Red? Different pricing for different regions? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Free paint was offered on orders placed in December, 2023 through sometime in mid-January, IIRC. It's been $2,500 since, at least for US orders.

I'm happy to see the $2k price drop since my order w/free URed was canceled and the drop makes up for most of the difference. Since I'm not a large person and anticipate seeing a road course track at some point, the new sport seats should be a nice bonus in lieu of a bumper cam. Though Septocaine's recent post of bumping the curb is disappointing given others said the software has improved.

Are the rear seats unchanged?
Rear seats are changed slightly, they have additional bolsters in the same suede as well as the bottom bench having the same bolster treatment. Not sure if it's worth retrofitting tbh (looks like it is possible though). Doesn't look like they actually have any difference in support, just for looks.

EPC has all the parts listed, though not organized like the front seats for the rear seats. Makes me think when the official retrofit package is introduced by Tesla they wont be included.

1713757679361.png

1713757939396.png

Comparison between the two hero video versions.

What happens if you need to get a front seat replaced on a plaid under warranty that has the older seats with the black piping? Would it be a one for one or replace it with a sport seat?
most likely a 1:1 replacement, though who knows, you could ask. PN still exist for ordering (including, funnily enough, black piping with wood trim for early plaids), and unless they ****ed up the renders it looks like the Long Range's now come with the contrast piped seats.

That was me. Was just charging but was browsing the lot just to see if there was any Plaid with the new seats that is when I saw your car!! Glad to see these seats in person they looks way better than the current seats!! Congrats on the new car!!