Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The bumper cam is dead for all intents and purposes now.

The rumor couldn't have been stronger. Supposed reliable sources with inside contacts all verifying RGB and camera absolutely coming. Result is supposed reliable source's reputations completely shattered.

That one screen shot with an employee saying they're just working through the last of the current stock bumpers before they start installing the already lined up bumpers with cam ready to go.

None of it ever happened. I don't think it was killed. I think it was never a thing in the first place.

Laying off the supercharger team seems like the last human resources they should have laid off. Having opened up the network to other manufacturers, they should be accelerating deployment and expansion. Dumbest decision I've seen in years or it's a sign of far more serious internal issues that we have yet to see.

I thought this rumor was totally nuts until Musk confirmed and confirmed expansion would not proceed at the previous pace when what needs is to accelerate. My suspicion is the way they'll deal with this is to up kwh prices on all superchargers to pressure folks to charge elsewhere when possible.

Reactions: Seattle and terranx
There are more decisions that are hard to understand... canceling USS and not introducing a front bumper camera at the same time for the top of the line Model... and then shaving another 2000 bucks of the price???. Man what would have been possible to make the car more attraktive with 2000 bucks (USS and camera and massage seats and nice rims and lane warning indication and ambient lights)

Laying off the supercharger team seems like the last human resources they should have laid off. Having opened up the network to other manufacturers, they should be accelerating deployment and expansion. Dumbest decision I've seen in years or it's a sign of far more serious internal issues that we have yet to see.

I thought this rumor was totally nuts until Musk confirmed and confirmed expansion would not proceed at the previous pace when what needs is to accelerate. My suspicion is the way they'll deal with this is to up kwh prices on all superchargers to pressure folks to charge elsewhere when possible.
I agree, they should have started with the tesla-bot team and the FSD team.

56 Billion would go a long way to add new features that would increase demand and keep people employed on the MS line and supercharger team.
And where would that $56B come from? (Tesla wasn't giving Elon $56B in cash, it was all stock options where Elon would have to pay Tesla to execute them.)

And given current stock prices it wouldn't be $56B anymore... (Not to mention the ~50% taxes.)

Reactions: empiredown