Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow really? When did you confirm your order? I did contact my DS 3 or 4 days ago. He just said that everything's looking normal and it should hit production anytime for the late March delivery. I'd expect ours to be shipped in one batch since we're both in SoCal!

Ordered on 2/14 and confirmed on 2/15 and in production on 3/17. Per my DS it's about done and so I should be getting it Monday or Tuesday.

Just called the SC and spoke with another DS. I asked him if he can tell me if my car is out of production yet and he said it's just over the 1/2 way point. On 3/18 my DS told me that it was half way done. I just don't understand what these guys are doing. I feel like my DS just wants to give me something I want to hear and move on. Not a happy camper.

Just called the SC and spoke with another DS. I asked him if he can tell me if my car is out of production yet and he said it's just over the 1/2 way point. On 3/18 my DS told me that it was half way done. I just don't understand what these guys are doing. I feel like my DS just wants to give me something I want to hear and move on. Not a happy camper.

Good news! We just hit production an hour ago!

First post in TMC - but my car was confirmed yesterday!

When I ordered last Friday, my delivery estimate was "May", and I had selected a 85D.

Well, mid-week I upgraded to the P85D, and on the design screen the estimated delivery switched to "Late April" (I'm guessing that this is because P85D's seem to get built faster). Anyway, now that I'm confirmed (w/ the P85D) the delivery estimate switched from "May" to "Late May". Sort of confused, as I figured it would go down since I had opted for the P.

Think this is something I should talk to my DS about?

First post in TMC - but my car was confirmed yesterday!

When I ordered last Friday, my delivery estimate was "May", and I had selected a 85D.

Well, mid-week I upgraded to the P85D, and on the design screen the estimated delivery switched to "Late April" (I'm guessing that this is because P85D's seem to get built faster). Anyway, now that I'm confirmed (w/ the P85D) the delivery estimate switched from "May" to "Late May". Sort of confused, as I figured it would go down since I had opted for the P.

Think this is something I should talk to my DS about?

There is a lot of play in the delivery date. Picked mine up 4 weeks early yesterday. Original delivery date 4/17. Finalized 1/25, re-finalized 2/26. Build started 3/10, in transit 3/13. Delivery 3/20. My home charger isn't due for installation till next week! Give it a little time and it'll update.

Even rarer in central VA. Only a handful of us around here. PM me if questions. I lived in Cville for 5 years before moving to Afton (20miles west of Cville) to get out of "city" traffic.
Also, there is Central VA TMC local and I just started a Shenandoah Valley one this morning. Whopping three of us in there. :)

Good to know, thanks!

(and good to see a fellow Virginian here. We're actually planning a move to the Cville area. Don't see too many Teslas on the road around here.)

Quality over quantity, my dear ;) Lol, we have some folks in Lynchburg and Roanoke that will probably join the group, if you ask nicely.
Even rarer in central VA. Only a handful of us around here. PM me if questions. I lived in Cville for 5 years before moving to Afton (20miles west of Cville) to get out of "city" traffic.
Also, there is Central VA TMC local and I just started a Shenandoah Valley one this morning. Whopping three of us in there. :)

Saw a batch on I-5 heading north towards Seattle just a few miles up the road from Centralia, WA today.

IMG_20150322_192121.jpg

woohoo, first post for me! i've been lurking for a while as did my homework, but since i finally pulled the trigger on an S 85 order last week, it's time to change that!

the timeline i was given for delivery is May. gosh, how will i wait that long? i'm already in the habit of reloading the page daily. that seems silly but i'm getting the sense i'm not the only one who does/has done that ;)

Reloading the myTesla page only once a day! I find myself checking almost hourly. And, like you, my car is not due til May. I'm going crazy with anticipation.

I don't do nice. Just kidding. Feel free to invite. Maybe we can plan an meet-up (Blue Mountain Brewery, anyone?) when membership hits 10. Could be years.......

Quality over quantity, my dear ;) Lol, we have some folks in Lynchburg and Roanoke that will probably join the group, if you ask nicely.

- - - Updated - - -

Like mom says, "it's so much better when you wait, dear." TMC will get you through.

Reloading the myTesla page only once a day! I find myself checking almost hourly. And, like you, my car is not due til May. I'm going crazy with anticipation.