Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S gets $3K price drop then a $2570 drop to $69420!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We had a 2014 S, and while it was cavernous (2WD, so huge frunk as well), the head room was a bit limited in the rear seats. There's more headroom in my 3 for sure. Otherwise, it's just a great touring car for driving long distance. Tons of room, big trunk, 400 miles range. It's just a great car. Even though my wife loves the X, she still misses the S. BTW, she doesn't seem miss ICE cars whatsoever.

Reactions: SmartElectric
Pretty remarkable.

Late 2016 I paid $81,500 for a RWD S 75. Call it $74,000 to make up for the demise of the federal tax credit.

Now four years later, for nearly $5,000 less I can get a car with essentially the same content PLUS AWD, ~40% more range, ~40% faster acceleration, and all of the goodies and improvements that 4 years of continuous improvement brings.

Great progress.

Pretty remarkable.

Late 2016 I paid $81,500 for a RWD S 75. Call it $74,000 to make up for the demise of the federal tax credit.

Now four years later, for nearly $5,000 less I can get a car with essentially the same content PLUS AWD, ~40% more range, ~40% faster acceleration, and all of the goodies and improvements that 4 years of continuous improvement brings.

Great progress.
I appreciate the previous owner of the 2017 75s. They treated the car well and I get a good model S. The improvements are nice if you can afford 70k plus.

Reactions: daktari
Pretty remarkable.

Great progress.
I couldn't agree more.

THIS is the attitude I wish more current Tesla owners took. All of this cry baby bologna about what Tesla owes you for discounting their cars and adding new features.... Boo hoo! This is what we want. This is the new normal so check at the door what you knew in the past about cars being the same for 4-year-stretches and "protecting" your investment while making the entire industry stale.

I hope this IS the future of cars and that these monthly upgrades to cars/assembly line continue with Tesla even after they grow to the size of the outgoing car manufacturers and I hope it drives them to change how they see generations and improvements. If these latest drops in price and improvements to tech aren't a positive sign of things to come then I don't know what is.

Now, Elon, can we talk about the abysmal "Customer Service" support model currently in place?

... Now four years later, for nearly $5,000 less I can get a car with essentially the same content PLUS AWD, ~40% more range, ~40% faster acceleration, and all of the goodies and improvements that 4 years of continuous improvement brings. ...
Did battery day say we will get another 50% increase in range in a couple of years?
1,000 mile range by end of decade? :)

• Funny
Reactions: smartypnz
I don't know why Elon's doing that. The S is for sale now, and Lucid says the Air will be available in 2022, and the S's EPA range is real and Lucid's is their projection, along with the whole car. Metal in the store with a Monroney on it vs. Powerpoint.

EDIT: But this is OK if the explanation is that Elon's just having a little fun while knowing that the price doesn't much matter because the new S with new pricing will be here soon. (I know opinions on this forum are all over the board on a new LR S: soon; 2 or 3 years out; never.)

Last edited:
Reactions: KyleDay