Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Reservation Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure Tesla will take as many $40K deposits as people are willing to give. There's no law that says they can't increase the number of signature cars made. I'm sure they will use the "they're almost gone" line for some time to create more sales. A car salesperson is a car salesperson. They will use every trick in the book to increase sales.

Just received my confirmation. #S868 as of December 15, 2011. Very much looking forward to the options and pricing, which are hopefully coming out at the end of December.

S + SS = 1083. Presumably there's some "compaction" to be done, but it's looking like the US Signatures really are gone-ish.

Canadian Signatures are at 104, although SS isn't broken out separately. Perhaps 80 or so cars left. I wonder if they'll transfer some of the remaining slots to USA...?

Then again, maybe as DrComputer says, they'll sell a few extra...

I tried posting this to the tesla motors forums, but ever since I made my reservation this morning I have not been able to post (I get sent to the maintenance, we'll be back soon page with the URL: /duplicate/denied/ip). I haven't been able to find a web admin / support email address to contact them about it. Anyway, post is below.

I've been waiting for some time to get the go ahead from my wife. She has been convinced, but only just now gave the "go for launch" to make the reservation.

As of this morning (December 15th), I'm now the proud owner of US Production Sequence Number 6275!

I tried posting this to the tesla motors forums, but ever since I made my reservation this morning I have not been able to post (I get sent to the maintenance, we'll be back soon page with the URL: /duplicate/denied/ip). I haven't been able to find a web admin / support email address to contact them about it. Anyway, post is below.

I've been waiting for some time to get the go ahead from my wife. She has been convinced, but only just now gave the "go for launch" to make the reservation.

As of this morning (December 15th), I'm now the proud owner of US Production Sequence Number 6275!

Welcome aboard. Thanks for posting your number. Now the wait begins :)

If you'd like, please post your location on the "where will your Model S reside."

I think they'd have a hard time justifying producing more Signatures and calling them 'Signatures'. They will have some people with money down for over 3 years for a Signature edition with the promise it would be 1 of 1,000 made for the NA market. They could always make a Signature package or something similar and put that at the front of the general production which might be nice and could still charge a premium. I believe they only produced 100 of the of the promised 'Signature 100' Roadsters so there is some history in that.

If I were Tesla and had the "problem" of too many Signature sales I would simply retroactively remove the SSL from the regular 1000 Signature list and and presto another 200 spots of Signatures to sell :)

Cobos

If I were Tesla and had the "problem" of too many Signature sales I would simply retroactively remove the SSL from the regular 1000 Signature list and and presto another 200 spots of Signatures to sell :)

Cobos

That'd work. Badging could say Signature Special and they could throw in something like the aerodynamic wheels...etc

But Trnsl8r, that's 3,000 cars with NO cars on the road, no friends with cars to chat them up, and absolutely no test drives! I really don't think they'll have a problem with lining up 20,000 a year.

Good points, good points indeed. And I have a Model S deposit and a small stock investment betting you're right. Fingers crossed all around. :)

But Trnsl8r, that's 3,000 cars with NO cars on the road, no friends with cars to chat them up, and absolutely no test drives! I really don't think they'll have a problem with lining up 20,000 a year.
Further, these are people signing up today for delivery in 15 months -- extraordinary patience for the (mostly American) consumer. Once the reserve-deliver cycle is down to 2-3 months, we'll have a new level of consumer engagement.

Further, these are people signing up today for delivery in 15 months -- extraordinary patience for the (mostly American) consumer. Once the reserve-deliver cycle is down to 2-3 months, we'll have a new level of consumer engagement.
s'true, but won't these new level of consumers with extra low patience regarding time-of-delivery be extra impatient about any issues arising with their car, be it technical or self-opinionated? Tesla is out of the egg shells by then, at least.