Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Reservation Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drove the BMW ActiveE and impressed enough to buy the car that was built from the ground up to be the real thing. I am P 7422 as of 10 minutes ago. Now can they build approx. 9000 in a month? I am sure I won't get much sympathy now that I have been waiting for 12 minutes.

Drove the BMW ActiveE and impressed enough to buy the car that was built from the ground up to be the real thing. I am P 7422 as of 10 minutes ago. Now can they build approx. 9000 in a month? I am sure I won't get much sympathy now that I have been waiting for 12 minutes.

Congrats. What battery pack are you planning on getting? The 85 kWh pack will get you the car sooner than the 60 and 40 kWh packs. You're probably looking at fall to spring depending on which battery pack you choose.

Congrats and welcome. Be thankful your wait will be a matter of months (possibly a year). I've been waiting for two years.

Congrats. What battery pack are you planning on getting? The 85 kWh pack will get you the car sooner than the 60 and 40 kWh packs. You're probably looking at fall to spring depending on which battery pack you choose.

I am thinking the 85kwh pack to pick up the unlimited warranty. The 60kwh is my second choice. I will see how it pans out. I think I can make the range work in the Bay area on any of the packs.

I'm not sure battery pack preferences will matter outside of 2012. I don't think Tesla is going to give 85kwh permanent cuts in line, but was rather just for the initial ramp up in production.

Has anyone had their Model S reservation moved up? We've had a few people switch reservations to Model X - curious if Tesla is reserving the newly-opened spots or if everyone is moving up in line.

I did about a year ago. Went from 130something to 114. They may be keeping the numbers the same (I could car number 99 but still be listed as 114) and not collapsing the list as they did before.

I'm not sure battery pack preferences will matter outside of 2012. I don't think Tesla is going to give 85kwh permanent cuts in line, but was rather just for the initial ramp up in production.
Wouldn't it make more sense from a "create less work for yourself" point of view to just skip open numbers at the time of going through the sequence instead of constantly reorganizing the list. It's not like the reservation holders are going to feel any difference.

I bet that's what Tesla will do with maybe the exception of the Signature holders.

Last edited:
I would guess that GP#7422 would be delivered in April 2013.

Assuming Tesla produces 5,000 cars in 2012, as planned, about 3,750 of those will be GP for the US. That means #7422 is 3,672 deep in the 2013 queue. If Tesla has fully ramped up the production line to the 20,000/year rate, or 1,667/month, we can conservatively guess that 1,300 of those will be US GP. 3,672/1,300 = 2.8 months into 2013, or late March. Then add delivery time. Canceled orders will move that date up, slower production will move that date back.

@Norbert...it's nicely symbolic, but we also don't know how many cancellations there have been. (Or conversions. e.g. Have others like *de704* now been counted twice?)

Michiganmodels is applying and updating an offset each quarterly report when we get numbers from Tesla (which surely recognize cancellations). Since the last quarterly report is now a while ago, yes, there are more cancellations than currently accounted for by these numbers. Also, of course, some of those who now have a reservation may still cancel before delivery. And even some have reservations in there just in case, and/or to support Tesla, so we only "really" know after delivery.

Wouldn't it make more sense from a "create less work for yourself" point of view to just skip open numbers at the time of going through the sequence instead of constantly reorganizing the list. It's not like the reservation holders are going to feel any difference.

I bet that's what Tesla will do with maybe the exception of the Signature holders.

At this point, we're close enough that I'd expect a reorganization /compacting of the list after the "final Signature fallout", when they make all the Signature reservers sign contracts; this will happen soon enough they probably won't reorganize it until then, plus which they actually *want* to leave slots open for people downgrading from Signature. Once that is all settled they will likely compact the list.

Anybody have an idea why a reservation number would jump from the 800s to the 300s in the last few Months? Can't imagine there were 500 cancelations or changes within the first 800 reservation holders...