Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 75D Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@mhlester- how come D75 has a fixed spoiler, as i had spoken to tesla CS rep about 3 months ago to reconfirm and i was told that all tesla comes standard with active spoiler. I believe i had seen that verbiage in the order config page when i confirmed it in early Dec-2015.

I think a lot of representatives were misinformed, especially once the early 90Ds were delivered with the active spoiler. I was definitely told point blank when I test drove at my local SC that the 75D and 90D would open and close but not adjust to speed.

On the configuration page (now and when I confirmed), "Active spoiler included" is listed under the P90D, and the description says "Available only on P90D"

Attached is a photo of the fixed spoiler. The post is permanently fixed, without any sense that it should have been able to retract.

spoiler.JPG

I am the unlucky sole that has a 5 seater 75D on order. Order confirmed 1/12/16 and am told delivery will be in the August / September time frame. My original reservation was in August 2014 so it is frustrating to have to wait so long when I was high on the reservation list. Has anyone else ordered the 5 seat config and got similar delivery date estimates?
def not loving the way tesla is taking the reservations and fulfilling them. feel bad for the 5 seat coil owners as seems like you guys are for end of year delivery at best.

i would hate the be one of the first reservation holders just to be one of the last to get my car.

ie, the moral of the story is, if you dont get a highly optioned car, dont put down a deposit.

I think a lot of representatives were misinformed, especially once the early 90Ds were delivered with the active spoiler. I was definitely told point blank when I test drove at my local SC that the 75D and 90D would open and close but not adjust to speed.

On the configuration page (now and when I confirmed), "Active spoiler included" is listed under the P90D, and the description says "Available only on P90D"

Attached is a photo of the fixed spoiler. The post is permanently fixed, without any sense that it should have been able to retract.

View attachment 182025

I could swear i had talked to two tesla CS reps and both assured me that 75D will have active spoiler as a standard equipment. I am going to pull out my notes as to who and when i spoke to them. I agree with you that the stationary spoiler doesn't make any sense. Is this is a corporate grid or what??

Geemoney: Same boat: I reserved 75D 5 seat/coil in 8/14; confirmed 1/16; latest DS representation is late 2016 delivery date. If it is any consolation, I stopped at Corte Madera Sunday. The three 90Ds were gorgeous, so I am hopeful our cars will be mature production cars.....Best, J
Thanks John. I'm hoping all the kinks will be worked out and maybe some new features like the sunshade and the upgrade to the 75 KWH battery will be offered by then.

I could swear i had talked to two tesla CS reps and both assured me that 75D will have active spoiler as a standard equipment. I am going to pull out my notes as to who and when i spoke to them. I agree with you that the stationary spoiler doesn't make any sense. Is this is a corporate grid or what??
I was also told that the spoiler would open and close but not be active. Many others also said this. I think Tesla told all DSs this but then something changed.

The order page from the start had P90D with active spoiler (no spoiler shown in the image or in other words, the spoiler completely retracted) and all other variants had a fixed spoiler (spoiler shown in the image). There probably was lots of confusion when 90D customer's got active spoilers, but that was an early gift from Tesla. DSs were probably were more confused than most.

I am the unlucky sole that has a 5 seater 75D on order. Order confirmed 1/12/16 and am told delivery will be in the August / September time frame. My original reservation was in August 2014 so it is frustrating to have to wait so long when I was high on the reservation list. Has anyone else ordered the 5 seat config and got similar delivery date estimates?
I reserved 1/11/16 ordered 4/11/16 confirmed 4/18/16. No vin, no delivery estimate. I have told them I can't take it after Sept. as I will be in another state for 6 months. I am hoping for Sept.

A neighbor of mine (a few houses up the street from me) just took delivery of a 75D, 6 seat configuration. Last time I talked to him, about a month ago, he said he was considering ordering an X for his wife. So his time from order to delivery was less than 4 weeks. He's a car enthusiast, has a Jaguar F Type convertible for himself. He has admired my Roadster more than once while out walking.

There are now 4 Teslas on my block, and at least 4 others within a 1/2 mile. And by local standards I definitely do not live in an upscale neighborhood.

Reserved: 5.21.14
Ordered: 1.10.16
Confirmed: 1.17.16
75D, W/B, 7st, everything but prm audio, subzero 22"
VIN #108xx Assigned: 6.8.16
Still waiting to go into production
Last update was July/Aug delivery

I feel like 75Ds that later opted to SAS and seat upgrade were given priority over those that booked that config in the first place. Any other 75Ds with similar config and confirmation dates have VIN less than 10xxx?

I feel like 75Ds that later opted to SAS and seat upgrade were given priority over those that booked that config in the first place.
You may be correct. If so, not cool on Telsa's part. If you want a small bright side, at least you will benefit from avoiding the end of quarter rush job which I seem to have been dropped into. If you have not yet asked this week, you should ask your DS for the estimated date of production, not delivery as they like to pad that one for CYA purposes. I think they are moving faster than plan since June 1.

@mhlester congrats on the delivery! So what is the official GVWR of your 75d? is it the same as the 90? If it's not too much trouble, would you mind posting a pic of that little sticker on your door with all those specs?

Can't see a gvwr but max weight of passengers and cargo on my X 75d is 1007 lb. How does that compare to other versions?
Sticker has it at 93 empg (91,95) and 36 kWh/100 miles, 238 miles range.

Reserved: 5.21.14
Ordered: 1.10.16
Confirmed: 1.17.16
75D, W/B, 7st, everything but prm audio, subzero 22"
VIN #108xx Assigned: 6.8.16
Still waiting to go into production
Last update was July/Aug delivery

I feel like 75Ds that later opted to SAS and seat upgrade were given priority over those that booked that config in the first place. Any other 75Ds with similar config and confirmation dates have VIN less than 10xxx?

My VIN is 90xx, Pearl White, PUP, SAS (Upgraded after the call from Tesla), Premium Audio. DS says Mid-August Delivery! No idea why higher VIN's have been given preference over mine!

You may be correct. If so, not cool on Telsa's part. If you want a small bright side, at least you will benefit from avoiding the end of quarter rush job which I seem to have been dropped into. If you have not yet asked this week, you should ask your DS for the estimated date of production, not delivery as they like to pad that one for CYA purposes. I think they are moving faster than plan since June 1.

They were moved up on the schedule. Corporate contacted folks with 75D and coil to ask if they want their X earlier by upgrading to SAS at half-price and change fees waived. I was told I'd have to wait until September before I get my original config 75D, 6 seats with coils (which is no longer available on the design studio). I think most opted for the upgrade so they can get delivery sooner and half-off with no change fees made it very tempting.

I'm happy to see more 75Ds being delivered and if their production ramp up continues, it'll only be a matter of a couple months from new order to delivery for all model Xs (well, except for the 5 seat variants which may have to wait until late 2016/early 2017 for some reason).

I feel like 75Ds that later opted to SAS and seat upgrade were given priority over those that booked that config in the first place.

For what it's worth, my configuration was never changed; I had already configured with SAS and 7 seats. I imagine the fact that I put down my deposit in October 2012 played a role in prioritizing, even though I didn't get around to confirming for some time. Though ecarfan's note doesn't seem to jive with that speculation.