Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X February 2017 Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, our delivery didn't go very well. When we were on the way, DS called us stating there is a huge scratch on the door and they would like to rebuild the X for us. Since we are going to trade in my Audi, Tesla will still take the trade in so the trade in value won't be impacted and offer a loaner till they have a perfect X ready for us. The build will take up to 4 weeks. The downside is that we need to take an S as a loaner because no X is available at the moment.

Reactions: Mikeavelli
Well, our delivery didn't go very well. When we were on the way, DS called us stating there is a huge scratch on the door and they would like to rebuild the X for us. Since we are going to trade in my Audi, Tesla will still take the trade in so the trade in value won't be impacted and offer a loaner till they have a perfect X ready for us. The build will take up to 4 weeks. The downside is that we need to take an S as a loaner because no X is available at the moment.

Wow, sorry to hear that. Must have been much worse than a scratch. But I do think it's the right thing for them to do.

Sorry to hear but they seem to have done a great job to keep you happy.

Sorry to hear but they seem to have done a great job to keep you happy.
Wow, sorry to hear that. Must have been much worse than a scratch. But I do think it's the right thing for them to do.

I agree and I have to thank my DS who had spent 2 hours on the phone trying to get us an X loaner. I guess I'll post in that March delivery thread from now.

Early stage of production? My car was finished in 3 days.[/Q
My X100D went into production yesterday and expect the vehicle to be deivered in the last week of Feb or first week of March. VIN 351XX
My MX Deep blue, fully optioned, 6 seater 100D also went into production yesterday, my VIN is 420XX. Looks like they are making similar cars at the same time.

What I'm wondering is this: will they actually *finish* the cars they've started this week by the 20th? Theoretically they can turn a car out in a day, but... ???
I'm guessing the ones in production now will be completed before the shut down. My car went into production yesterday, and my DC emailed me saying the shut down would not affect my car, and that my delivery time was being moved up to end Feb-early March, instead of the original delivery time of March-early April.

I'm guessing the ones in production now will be completed before the shut down. My car went into production yesterday, and my DC emailed me saying the shut down would not affect my car, and that my delivery time was being moved up to end Feb-early March, instead of the original delivery time of March-early April.

Nice! I actually moved my delivery window to the end of March-early April as I wanted to at least get built after the factory shutdown on the 20th and as close to the final unveil of the model3 as possible without going over April 15th unlimited supercharging. I opted for a roll of the dice over getting it as soon as possible since we are so close to finding out what these 'spaceship like controls' are and what kind of charging speed / lifecycle degradation we will get out of the third gen arch.

I imagine the only difference I'll get is being without a Tesla for another month but like I said, it's one final roll of the dice before I bite. :D

I feel a little lied to. Back in January I asked to upgrade my X90D to a x100D and pay the $500 fee. I was told by my DS that the car was going to be complete on the 30th and due to imenent production the batter could not be changed even with the fee.

Now we're half way through Feb with out the car even being in production. Very agrivating when I am more willing to pay and loose the super charging.

I feel a little lied to. Back in January I asked to upgrade my X90D to a x100D and pay the $500 fee. I was told by my DS that the car was going to be complete on the 30th and due to imenent production the batter could not be changed even with the fee.

Now we're half way through Feb with out the car even being in production. Very agrivating when I am more willing to pay and loose the super charging.
What did your DS say about that...?

Nice! I actually moved my delivery window to the end of March-early April as I wanted to at least get built after the factory shutdown on the 20th and as close to the final unveil of the model3 as possible without going over April 15th unlimited supercharging. I opted for a roll of the dice over getting it as soon as possible since we are so close to finding out what these 'spaceship like controls' are and what kind of charging speed / lifecycle degradation we will get out of the third gen arch.

I imagine the only difference I'll get is being without a Tesla for another month but like I said, it's one final roll of the dice before I bite. :D

I did the same, and everyone always acts like why the heck did I do that? I was on phone with salesman and DS and they howled like schoolgirls when I said that. For a second, I thought they might know something. I've considered waiting until April 15th to accept the car too, wondering if the reveal event will happen by then.