Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X November Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will add to that -- Unless there is just something about my configuration that is throwing Tesla off, I don't see how anyone is going to receive any of their vehicles (custom ordered ones) within 1 month. However, I spoke with a 60D driver who said she custom ordered hers and it only took her about a month to take delivery. I was stunned!
Did she get it last month in that last rush? Like someone responded they were pumping the MX out in less than a week.

Have you tried contacting your DS? Being in September I wonder how you miss even the end of quarter rush?
If it's still in production I would try to ask if it's possible that you can get the upgrade since you've been in production for over a month now...
My original DS went on hiatus (whatever that's about) and the current one has only emailed me once. I am a Tesla fan like most of us here but I must say that I'm disappointed with their order/production/delivery process. The way the owner advisor spoke to me in the beginning, I was led to believe that I'd be driving my family from Atlanta to Dallas for Thanksgiving but that certainly doesn't appear to be the case now. At this rate, I will be surprised if I get it by Christmas -- NOT what I was told at all when I ordered. I saw a few similar to mine in inventory when I ordered which would've only taken 2 weeks to deliver but I really wanted it the way I custom ordered it which was ALL black with ALL options checked minus P. Once again, I'm not willing to go through the hassle of forfeiting $2,500 for a $8,000 upgrade that I can't use right now anyway. Plus, I'm more after the "advent of sustainable transport" - I can handle the wheel myself until it's time to upgrade again in a few years.

Reactions: pchengMX
Did she get it last month in that last rush? Like someone responded they were pumping the MX out in less than a week.
Her temporary tag was set to expire on 11/28/2016 - Here in Georgia, you're given 30 days to get your permanent plate from the date of delivery, so that means she was at least confirmed by 10/28/16. Who knows, maybe she was bulls****ing me but her response seemed very matter of fact.

My original DS went on hiatus (whatever that's about) and the current one has only emailed me once. I am a Tesla fan like most of us here but I must say that I'm disappointed with their order/production/delivery process. The way the owner advisor spoke to me in the beginning, I was led to believe that I'd be driving my family from Atlanta to Dallas for Thanksgiving but that certainly doesn't appear to be the case now. At this rate, I will be surprised if I get it by Christmas -- NOT what I was told at all when I ordered. I saw a few similar to mine in inventory when I ordered which would've only taken 2 weeks to deliver but I really wanted it the way I custom ordered it which was ALL black with ALL options checked minus P. Once again, I'm not willing to go through the hassle of forfeiting $2,500 for a $8,000 upgrade that I can't use right now anyway. Plus, I'm more after the "advent of sustainable transport" - I can handle the wheel myself until it's time to upgrade again in a few years.
I hope it works out.... that's a long production time frame they are giving you.... true about the full driving if we can't use it right now. I rather have it rolled into my payments now than fork out on the table later on and who knows if it'll cost the same...

Her temporary tag was set to expire on 11/28/2016 - Here in Georgia, you're given 30 days to get your permanent plate from the date of delivery, so that means she was at least confirmed by 10/28/16. Who knows, maybe she was bulls****ing me but her response seemed very matter of fact.
Interesting thanks for sharing I'm wondering myself now if there's a sequence they are going with.... because the built sand VIN are completely off.... mines 17xxx and I have not even gone into production yet....

Hello all..
First post, but have been following this site for awhile..

@gastowatts hope this helps.

9/24: Ordered MX100D, 6-seat
10/1: Confirmed
10/2: Assigned VIN 246XX
10/31: Upgraded to EAP
11/7: Went into production

DS says i'm do for delivery in late November / early December.
I'm on the east coast and I hear it take 3-4 weeks just to ship, so a Mid-December delivery sounds about right.

Nice, congrats! Would you mind sharing the first 3 digits of the last 5 numbers of your VIN? e.g., 288xx

What did they say when you requested for December 23rd delivery? Considering a lot of us hasn't even gone into production I'm curious if they will be able to confirm delivery by that time. I have a feeling they are not in so much of a rush this time around compared to 3rd quarter rush. Did you get the delivery e mail giving you an estimate time frame it will be delivered from Tesla? Last I spoke to the sales guy at the store he said turn around is still 6-8 weeks. So you might luck out before end of the year?

Also Congrats!!!

VIN is 301xx. So my DS said that she would put in a request to have it delivered Dec 22 or sooner since I will be out of town for 2-3 weeks while on Vacay. Also when I test drove the X back in Sep/Oct one of the sales guy told me that they prioritize production based on packages selected. He said the more upgraded and/or packages you select the faster you get deliver. Not sure how accurate that was but that is what he told me. Also I got all teh packages except for high amp charger and towing package with my 7 seater 90D so I wonder if that will maybe move me up in the queue. I also live in Reno, NV closer to the west coast which my DS said that helps a lot as well. I'll keep you updated as I get more info. The initial email states late Dec-Early Jan delivery estimate but that was before I made the call.

• Informative
Reactions: esk8mw
P90d, vin 23xxx, ordered Oct 2, production started Nov 9 per my Tesla page. Email notification of production start didn't arrive until Nov 14.

DS has told me to expect early Dec delivery, which would mean production to delivery taking 3 weeks, with holidays.

Production started today on my Solid white 60D X! Woohoo. VIN 237xx, confirmed 9/21. Expecting delivery on the east coast around Dec 18. Haven't gotten the production email yet (and never got the autopilot upgrade one.. how hard is it to send automated emails??)

Production started today on my Solid white 60D X! Woohoo. VIN 237xx, confirmed 9/21. Expecting delivery on the east coast around Dec 18. Haven't gotten the production email yet (and never got the autopilot upgrade one.. how hard is it to send automated emails??)
Cool! Did the status just change? I noticed my status change to production early in the morning. Curious to know if the MyTesla status updates are batch processed once a day or something, then I can stop refreshing my browser every hour! :p

The cars with 24 and 25 VIN's are delayed 5 seaters, no?

I confirmed an X90D on 10/17, VIN 254XX, and production hasn't started yet. Been told it will be produced "this month".

I do agree a 29 VIN confirmed only 3 days ago seems highly unlikely to be delivered in less than 4 weeks, especially with Thanksgiving in there. It's also fascinating if they went from 25XXX to 29XXX VIN's in 30 days. That's a production rate of almost 50K X's a year and 130 a day.

No they are not just 5 seater. I ordered a X60D 7 Seater 252XX, confirmed on 10/11. I was also told production will start in November, but now my DS is telling me the production will start in December. The VINs going from 25xxx to 29xxx is just the reflection of that many orders made in 30 days. I think they are getting behind in production and deliveries.

The VINs are weird. Gregkeys says he confirmed in in Sept but has a 25xxx VIN. I confirmed on Oct 17th and have a 254XX VIN. But now people a month later have 30XXX VINs. Did they really sell less than 400 cars from Sept to Oct 17, but have now sold 5,000 in the next 30 days?

Do the VINs mean anything?

poly, Vin #s are surprisingly consistent with the MX series. Last groups of 1000 Vin #s increments were about 9 days apart. Late October, a burst of assignments may be for some inventory to be placed out in the USA market for year-end push.

• Informative
Reactions: Out4aDuck
I received an update on mine VIN 268xx P90D 6 seat entering production probably second week of december (5-9th). I'm assuming this means that I can pick it up at the factory / freemont about a week after that ~ 19th... my DS is being super slow at responding over email.