Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X November Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[Sorry but I have trouble negotiating these bulletin boards. I'm not sure if I'm in the right place or adding useful content.]
FWIW: Here's my story:
Model X 60D White 5 Seat. Ordered 9/11/2016, Confirmed 9/18/2016
Smart Air Susp. Upgrade 10/17/2016,
VIN assigned 10/18/2016, 266XX
Scheduled for production latter part of November 2016
Delivery on or about 12/12/2016
Current Status in My Tesla: In Production Queue

The VINs are weird. Gregkeys says he confirmed in in Sept but has a 25xxx VIN. I confirmed on Oct 17th and have a 254XX VIN. But now people a month later have 30XXX VINs. Did they really sell less than 400 cars from Sept to Oct 17, but have now sold 5,000 in the next 30 days?

Do the VINs mean anything?
I'm not sure what they mean anymore. I'm 22XXX. There were some people in the October Deliveries thread that had 24XXX and I believe they already received their vehicles. I've heard nothing about mine since 10/12 without asking headquarters in Fremont and they didn't even give me a date. They just said I would get the car this month.

Where do you see that date in my tesla? I don't see anything on mines except the production queue message...

It says "Your estimated delivery window is December - Early January, 2017." Under my VIN ... Which strangely comes and goes on my X but is always there on my S... At this point I have to keep myself from obsessively refreshing the page for each car. We already traded our Volt and Plugin Fusion so are now burning more gas driving our Jeep and Suburban (which is our third trade but had to still have something to drive) then I think we have burned all year.

Letting you drive these cars for a few days and then taking them away and making you go back to anything else is just wrong :)

I have not been receiving emails on status of production. Only updates via "MyTesla".
Confirmed 9/27
In production 11/14 week - Don't know which date exactly
vin: 25xxx
I feel pretty lucky with my order. I will get special options and configurations that are no longer available:
  • Titanium color
  • AP 2.0 hardware
  • Unlimited supercharging for life
  • Black leather, black headliner, with Glossy Obeche wood
I am not sure if I could have timed it any better. :)

Reactions: pchengMX
You guys never received this email. My order was confirmed on oct 1st and I got this email three days ago.

Attachments

• IMG_4826.PNG
    IMG_4826.PNG
    295.2 KB · Views: 111
Hi! I'm new here, trying (like all of us) to read the model/VIN tea leaves...

10/17: Ordered MX75D 6-seat, AP1, not premium
10/18: Upgraded to EAP via email
10/25: Order confirmed, fixed error with EAP upgrade.
10/26: Assigned VIN 27XXX - delivery estimate Late November - December.

Looking at the other posts here I'm skeptical of that estimate. Maybe it was made without the EAP factored in? Or maybe there is something less constrained about the 6seat or non-premium model?

Just as an update, my DS just replied to my email (same day) to give a mid-late December delivery estimate.

It says "Your estimated delivery window is December - Early January, 2017." Under my VIN ... Which strangely comes and goes on my X but is always there on my S... At this point I have to keep myself from obsessively refreshing the page for each car. We already traded our Volt and Plugin Fusion so are now burning more gas driving our Jeep and Suburban (which is our third trade but had to still have something to drive) then I think we have burned all year.

Letting you drive these cars for a few days and then taking them away and making you go back to anything else is just wrong :)
That is weird I have never gotten a delivery window under my VIN in MyTesla... I'm hoping still to receive at least a call from my DS soon if no email....I will wait until Tuesday, if I do not hear anything I will try to call them again to see what is the window...