Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wheels & tires are an easy 'adjust to suit'.
Range, brakes, suspension, not really at all.
279 vs 330 is 18%, which is substantial by any measure.

My point is this - if that extra 18% is $10,000 . . . the Standard is going to sell like hot cakes. If, however, that extra 18% is say $4,000 . . . the LR will not have many cannibalized sales.

Reactions: advocate8
The price delta for SR to LR on the model 3 is like $9k last I looked.

But the MYAWD is "closer" to the MYLR in both drivetrain (still has two motors), and range (not as big a gap)

Given the $5k delta from MYLR to MYP, I'd be betting on a MYAWD at an equal spread. So $58k, $63k and $68k - not because that's the right value proposition, but because it's simple and right for their likely-low initial ability to build MYAWDs

Speculation is fun. We'lll get much more info soon (and I can gloat or dine on some nice crow as appropriate)

The price delta for SR to LR on the model 3 is like $9k last I looked.

But the MYAWD is "closer" to the MYLR in both drivetrain (still has two motors), and range (not as big a gap)

Given the $5k delta from MYLR to MYP, I'd be betting on a MYAWD at an equal spread. So $58k, $63k and $68k - not because that's the right value proposition, but because it's simple and right for their likely-low initial ability to build MYAWDs

Speculation is fun. We'lll get much more info soon (and I can gloat or dine on some nice crow as appropriate)
Crow and Filet will be had in equal measures.
Assuming Elon does a reveal of any substance - my bet he will continue the dance as long as possible - at least thru the Q1 Earnings Call.

The only real news from Elon's presentation was 4680 cells and structural battery packs are already being produced in Austin and the first delivery of MYs made in Austin. I assume LR models since no one could have ordered the new standard range AWD version (other than perhaps Hertz).