Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All of it is speculation because there are no production vehicles with those cells in the hands of non Tesla employees at present.

Agreed - all speculation for now. We know the design of the 4680 offers opportunity for reduced weight, better/faster thermal efficiency. Longevity would mostly depend on what chemistry is chosen, which we have no idea.

Tomorrow we should know more.

My personal bet is they move all MYLR's slightly forward on a few features thus justifying the currently kinda-high-price, and then begin offering a MYSR+/MYAWD as a slightly cheaper alternative. Not at all clear where 4680 fits into that plan, and which variant all the pending rental-car fleets would go with (easy bet, the cheaper one)

Reactions: Brolan
you can clearly see that three of them are Model Ys - SR, LR and P I’m sure.
Could just be one of everything they build plus roadster and semi and a no-new-stuff-announced general celebration of all things Tesla. With brisket.
Maybe the cast of “Jackass doing hot laps of gigafactory in that giant chrome boot, which surely has a quad-motor setup and 4680 structural pack in the heel.

well, that’s an if. someone is guessing there’s a spot missing, im not hearing that is certain or if so where it is. The fix should be easy and this is something that should be on the car that shouldn’t cost them much at all. less than say the headlight swap or maybe even the rear cover thing.
No there is 100% a blind spot preventing 360 view. Ima look for the post but someone stitched together the views.

No there is 100% a blind spot preventing 360 view. Ima look for the post but someone stitched together the views.

The blindspot is not typical what you would think. If you spin in your chair and look straight foreward you can see 365 in all directions . nothing is missing . However if you look straight down on the car and comnpere it to what you saw you will see that your vision sees everything but the camers have a few feet of a blind spot. so you may not see anything for a couple outside the left of the car but then you see everything beyond that point

Reactions: advocate8
Not sure if this is legit, but first Texas made MY delivery tomorrow at CyberRodeo

I really do not think that is legit. Looking at his Twitter feed, he is from Chicago, everyone of his retweets is Tesla related and nothing else. I do not believe it’s real.

Oh and surprised that we only have one source, and I’m a night before the rodeo. If he actually got it he would’ve posted when he got his van not the day before pick up

I really do not think that is legit. Looking at his Twitter feed, he is from Chicago, everyone of his retweets is Tesla related and nothing else. I do not believe it’s real.

Oh and surprised that we only have one source, and I’m a night before the rodeo. If he actually got it he would’ve posted when he got his van not the day before pick up
That’s exactly what I was thinking.. there would have been at least few more post of folks taking delivery tomorrow.

Tesla does not have to do that. They have the paperwork transactions done out of state. My Model 3 transaction was to Nevada. According the the SA 3 weeks ago, we will have the option of pickup at SC, home delivery or factory pickup.
Your model 3 was not built in Texas so it is not subject to the law being discussed. If it is manufactured in the state, dealer law prevents them from being sold direct to consumers. It needs to be sold out of state.

Not sure if this is legit, but first Texas made MY delivery tomorrow at CyberRodeo

Doubtful. The address of the factory is not 1 Tesla Rd.

Your model 3 was not built in Texas so it is not subject to the law being discussed. If it is manufactured in the state, dealer law prevents them from being sold direct to consumers. It needs to be sold out of state.

And of course it is now on @sawyermerritt feed too. Still pretty sure it’s fake

CyberRodeo invitation has 1 Tesla Rd address….

Also, people are reporting that Model 3 price went up by $1000

And of course it is now on @sawyermerritt feed too. Still pretty sure it’s fake
Sawyer was wrong about the others, also...and came here and swore up and down the last one was legit. It wasn’t.
Not a good source on this particular kind of fact. He’s good on many things, which make his stuff all the more dangerous when its something that can be wrong.