Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y has anyone received 2023 VIN yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What Model, 3 or Y?
Here are his details in this post....MYP

Riverside, CA
Vin: PF585
MYP/Red/Black/FSD/No Tow

OD:9/3/22 EDD: Sept-Oct
09/3/22 EDD1:10/19-11/23
09/9/22 EDD2:10/5-11/9
9/22/22 EDD3:10/6-11/3
9/28/22 EDD4:10/6-10/20
9/30/22 247pm pst trade in text/call
10/6/22 EDD5:10/13-10/23
10/11/22 remove FSD
10/14/22 EDD6: 10/21-11/3
10/18/22 EDD7: with vin 10/20-10/26

It will have 2170 cells. 4680 is only in the invite only MYAWD from Austin. Can't order one yourself.
Charging port is Tesla proprietary connection. Tesla now sells the CCS adapter on their website if you want to charge your MY at CCS fast chargers. All recent cars are CCS enabled.
Since you have a 2023 it will be interesting to know if you have the ultrasonic sensors that Tesla is starting to remove from new cars. Also of interest is if you have Matrix headlights.
Recent reports show the 2022 VINs from last week still have ultrasonic sensors and don't have Matrix lights anymore.
I'd suspect your car won't have ultrasonic sensors or matrix lights.
Not true! Sweden can order MY AWD with 4680 right now on Tesla's webpage

Congrats. Is yours an Austin or Fremont VIN? Can you share the first 3 numbers at the end? Yours is the first LR I've seen reported and would be interesting to know what VIN sequence they switched at. Also let us know if your car has the ultrasonic sensors or not. I'm guessing the switch to 2023 will correspond with the removal of the sensors but maybe not??
Just received my VIN: PA020XXX a few hours ago. OD: 1/28/22 EDD: 11/3-11/12. MYLR5/ MSM / BLK INT / 20” Delivery location: Los Angeles

Reactions: arbitrage000
Silly question, but where does one look for the VIN? Does it appear in the app where the EDD is? Do they email or text it?

My EDD is holding at Nov 3- Dec 1, so hopefully it will arrive soon.
It seems to really vary...not sure why...it may be a somewhat non-automated process specific to each delivery centre.
In general people see the VIN on the website before the app. People will also search the source code of their "manage order" page and find the VIN before it shows up on the webpage or app. Often if your EDD goes to a 7-10 day window you can find the VIN.
Others seem to get a text about the VIN being assigned.
I believe in the app it shows where your RN number is showing now. Can't recall if it replaces the RN# or goes below it. I've seen a few screenshots of this on the forums.

In my case, I got an email saying final payment was ready to pay. Followed by an email with my code to order my mobile connector at no charge. I did not get anything saying I had a VIN. I went on my account page and found a new MVPA that wasn't their prior. In that MVPA I had a VIN listed. Now this was last Friday Oct 14th. To date I still don't have a VIN on the account webpage, in the source code or in the app. Not sure why that is but I've confirmed with my SA that the car is coming in my 1 week window. Maybe when the car reaches Canada I'll see the VIN on my account (other than in the MVPA)??