Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y has anyone received 2023 VIN yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
was contacted Wednesday, 10/19/22 regarding my MY LR, that it has left the factory and is on the way for estimated delivery Oct 29 - Nov 4.
VIN 7SAYGDEE1NA###### so I guess this is a 2022 model year?

Is it possible to delay delivery for a 2023?
If the VIN is already assigned, is there nothing that can be done?

was contacted Wednesday, 10/19/22 regarding my MY LR, that it has left the factory and is on the way for estimated delivery Oct 29 - Nov 4.

You could always reject delivery. Doesn't guarantee you the next one will be a 2023, but there's a chance. Model year is slightly tied to resail value, otherwise it's meaningless. Not sure it's worth it right now though. Uss is on the chopping block and it might be worthwhile to have it. Then again, that hardware might get disabled in the future anyway. Ultimately you know nothing John snow and we only find out when it's announced.

You can get one - 7 day order hold and will get a new vehicle, but you might get someone else's held 2022, I will find out what I get after hold Wednesday.

Has anyone actually gotten their 2023 Model Y LR? Just curious since the Tesla team told me they had to install some sort of firmware update today. Wanted to see if it was a one-off situation or if it has happened to anyone else.
Notice which model is not on this list.

Just talked to a person at Tesla and they mentioned that at their current center, they can't deliver any Model Ys until a software update is released. I have no idea if that is true or not.

That article is interesting and makes me wonder how long its going to take to actually get a 2023 Model Y LR. Kind of odd they started shipping them to Tesla service centers if they didnt have EPA approval

Maybe this is why there are so many 2023 MYP and some MYLR showing up in Inventory in Canada right now. Maybe they are trying to sell them here till they work out selling them in the US??? Up until now I've almost never seen any new cars in Canadian inventory.

Theres been a good amount of MYPs that are 2023s on the US inventory as well. Zero MYLRs though.

Reactions: arbitrage000
Maybe this is why there are so many 2023 MYP and some MYLR showing up in Inventory in Canada right now. Maybe they are trying to sell them here till they work out selling them in the US??? Up until now I've almost never seen any new cars in Canadian inventory.

Looking at the inventory via tesla-info.com, it shows two 2023 MYLRs in Hawaii as I type. Both being blue with black interior. Might not be the lower 48, buts its the USA! I guess thats that right direction to be going? HA!

Ordered MYP gray / black interior Wed 10/12. Added EAP two days later, and changed to black / white interior on Sat 10/15 EOD. Received VIN on Mon 10/17 and email to schedule delivery earlier today; delivery is scheduled for next Mon 10/31.

Looks like a ton of black and white interior 23 MYPs have hit the inventory as well. Hopefully MSM is next for me! HA

Reactions: ord3r