Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y has anyone received 2023 VIN yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m awaiting VIN on a MYLR MSM, white interior, Gemini wheels, no FSD, EDD December 2022.
Based on my observations, I might be getting:
1. HW3, 1.2 MP cameras, last remnant of USS
2. HW3, 1.2 MP cameras, no USS
3. HW4, 5 MP cameras, no USS

If Tesla turns off the USS, Choice #1 is pointless.
Choice #2 gives a cleaner look of the bumpers.
Choice #3 is what everyone should be on their knees praying for.

I’m awaiting VIN on a MYLR MSM, white interior, Gemini wheels, no FSD, EDD December 2022.

#2 does not exist, all reports of ultrasonicless MYPs show 5 MP cameras.

actually #3 is non-existence as well, HW4 has not surfaced in mass deployment yet

Reactions: Joe Schmoe88
My SA (whom I know personally for some years now) told me that all Model Y's built as of October 17th will be 2023 model year. He did state the new back seats as on the Chinese models are making their way, but he has not seen one with it yet.
I want one with the new back seats. I would let my reservation cancel for that and create a new reservation. It more seat cushion for the thigh area..

You could always reject delivery. Doesn't guarantee you the next one will be a 2023, but there's a chance. Model year is slightly tied to resail value, otherwise it's meaningless. Not sure it's worth it right now though. Uss is on the chopping block and it might be worthwhile to have it. Then again, that hardware might get disabled in the future anyway. Ultimately you know nothing John snow and we only find out when it's announced.
Yea, they removed radar I heard through software update so that will be the same for USS. There is another post on here with it specifically.

What’s Choice 3/HD4 so special?

no U.S. 2023 yet. as only the 3,X,S have been sent in for approval so far.

I really don't understand how this is going to work. It appears they are shipping out a lot of US 2023 Model Y's (including my own), but they can't actually deliver them.

I assume a lot more people are going to be in the same situation as me, where I went to pickup the car but they told me I couldn't leave the lot with the car.