Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y has anyone received 2023 VIN yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Latest update - I accepted delivery yesterday! Car looks great and everything went smoothly. Contrary to what the SA told me, it looks like the cameras on mine are not the new cameras. But the car does have the USS. All in all, still happy I finally got the car after waiting a year.
Congrats! I’m wondering if the MYPs have the updated cameras. Doesn’t tesla normally introduce things on the higher trim first?

Reactions: khyrox1
That is the same screen I had last Friday when my vin was issued. EDD updated yesterday from 11/16-11/21 to 11/5-11/14. PF590.
After reading several threads its a crap shoot on what it will be delivered with. Old or new cameras, cargo cover, park sensors, seats steering wheel etc. you just never know what to expect! :p Like Forst Gump said "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your going get."
OD was 11/16/21. Rejected first deliveriy in September due to quality issues (2022 model). Replacement is a 2023 hope it is worth the wait.
How bad was it for you to reject it? 2 months for a replacement is pretty good. What happens if you reject and you already lined up insurance/finance/payment?

So, I got my VIN# within the last few hours, but I noticed it while checking the app for the 50th? time today. I didn't get a text or email (at least not yet).
My theory is that once it is "VIN time" it all comes down to your individual delivery center as to what emails, texts or phone calls happen. This is why everyone seems to have a different story of how they found out about the VIN and what type of correspondence they receive. In my case I got email about Final Payment and email with Mobile Connector coupon code. The VIN never showed in my app or website till a week later when I scheduled my actual delivery. The day I got the first emails I found the MVPA and it had my VIN. Even source code didn't have the VIN till a few days later. I also started to receive texts from the local delivery center but I initiated them at first so don't know if they would have happened without me asking questions.

Reactions: Ron Swanson
My theory is that once it is "VIN time" it all comes down to your individual delivery center as to what emails, texts or phone calls happen. This is why everyone seems to have a different story of how they found out about the VIN and what type of correspondence they receive. In my case I got email about Final Payment and email with Mobile Connector coupon code. The VIN never showed in my app or website till a week later when I scheduled my actual delivery. The day I got the first emails I found the MVPA and it had my VIN. Even source code didn't have the VIN till a few days later. I also started to receive texts from the local delivery center but I initiated them at first so don't know if they would have happened without me asking questions.

It's pretty wild how inconsistent that step in the process is, but I only ordered the car on 10/15, so I'm still thrilled that everything looks good (so far) for a very fast delivery.

Reactions: arbitrage000
That's a quick turnaround! Congrats.

Thanks! Everything is looking good, but I'll celebrate if/when I take delivery without the vehicle needing any "corrections" done.

I'm a bit jaded after I ordered a Ford Escape PHEV on 3/25 and it is not going to ever get built. Ford is done scheduling that vehicle for the 2022 MY and orders don't automatically carry over to the next one like they do with Tesla. Ford still hasn't bothered to communicate any of this to me. The dealership is utterly worthless and has not proactively done anything to keep me up to date.

Contrast that with ordering the Tesla online and doing everything via the app. I get answers back via text usually within hours, if not minutes. I'll take this buying experience over going through a dealership!

Reactions: oholladay
Thanks! Everything is looking good, but I'll celebrate if/when I take delivery without the vehicle needing any "corrections" done.

I'm a bit jaded after I ordered a Ford Escape PHEV on 3/25 and it is not going to ever get built. Ford is done scheduling that vehicle for the 2022 MY and orders don't automatically carry over to the next one like they do with Tesla. Ford still hasn't bothered to communicate any of this to me. The dealership is utterly worthless and has not proactively done anything to keep me up to date.

Contrast that with ordering the Tesla online and doing everything via the app. I get answers back via text usually within hours, if not minutes. I'll take this buying experience over going through a dealership!
Yeah, I agree. You definitely have a bit more control going the Tesla route. Hoping it all works out!

Reactions: Ron Swanson
Just got my VIN texted today and setup for pickup next week (unfortunately have to drive 2 hours!). Model Y long range, silver metallic, tow hitch, 20", 5 seater. 7SAYGDEEXPA###### which I see is 23 model and made in Austin. Can I glean anything else from the VIN?
It doesn’t contain anything else.

Unless you reveal the 4 digits after PA to get some insights from informal data points on this forum.

DD9971BC-8FB5-4D7B-BAF8-DCC1B79EFE4F.jpeg
EF6C68D9-407E-4F9A-9FF4-7D5C0DEDF7FC.jpeg

Just took delivery today. Nothing wrong with it. no USS waiver signed.

Just got 2023 VIN with Austin build. Pickup scheduled for next week. Car is MY LR red with black, 19 inch Geminis,no tow, no FSD. Had to sign a waiver for no USS. My pickup date is 364 days from the day I ordered in Nov of 2021!
Probably bad choice of words “sign a waiver”. You have to read a page telling you they have change the sensors to vision only going forward. You cannot continue to set up delivery until you click the accept button on the page.

Original Order March 12/2022 MYLR, 5seat, white, Blk interior, 20s.

Oct.23 VIN 7SAYGDEE2PF587XXX assigned
Was not expecting and tried to hold until November 6 but SA said couldn't hold until then.
Oct.29 Added tow hitch.
Oct.30 Removed hold
Nov.1 Delivery schedule window for Nov 4-6
Nov.2 VIN 7SAYGDEE6PF591XXX assigned
Nov.7 scheduled pickup Surrey,BC
Asked SA actual build date but said did not know.

Reactions: randmness