Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y has anyone received 2023 VIN yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice. I'm thinking about doing some PPF but have to figure out when/how long they'll be holding the car for before I can schedule it in. Might just do the front bumper for now and DIY the lower rear passenger. I installed some mud guards/flaps yesterday and really liking the look of it. The cheapy looking molding matches well with cheapy looking aftermarket parts, haha.
I tried DIY installing PPF myself on the front bumper and hood our M3P. Total waste of $200! The PPF was great, but believe me you definitely need some experience and skill to install PPF and make it look good. Getting full front done for $1600. Seems high, but worth it.

Reactions: ord3r
Thanks for the heads up. Gotta start looking for a place then lol
I will say that I did the PPF behind the wheel wells before I installed the mud flaps and that was pretty easy. If you do a flat small area, no problem, but if there is anything that is rounded like on the front bumper or you have to cut around stuff, no way! I even attempted to do half the hood which is pretty flat and it looked like crap so pulled it off.

Nice. My delivery is tomorrow at the new Tigard location. How far out is ALSET booked? I went with another shop and they’re booked until the end of December
I'd give them a call at Alset asap, they should be able to take your car quickly, however it may take up to a week to get it back. They're working 2 shifts to get all of the work done. Lots of deliveries happening right now.

Got my delivery date today for Nov 5th.
Ordered 6/4 MYLR Grey 20” wheels hitch 5 seat.
Original delivery was delayed until today. Took delivery - fantastic.
Austin built PA023xxx
Parcel shelf = Y
USS = Y
Front mud flap and rear ppf = Y
Suspension improvements = Y
Front door panel improvements = Y
Newer looking camera lenses however I’m not sure that means anything at this point.
I would have preferred no USS as I like the cleaner look of the bumpers, but overall I am thrilled. No issues, very comfortable and quiet ride even with the 20” wheels. GY all season tires.

Reactions: Xer0myst and Qizhi
Original delivery was delayed until today. Took delivery - fantastic.
Austin built PA023xxx
Parcel shelf = Y
USS = Y
Front mud flap and rear ppf = Y
Suspension improvements = Y
Front door panel improvements = Y
Newer looking camera lenses however I’m not sure that means anything at this point.
I would have preferred no USS as I like the cleaner look of the bumpers, but overall I am thrilled. No issues, very comfortable and quiet ride even with the 20” wheels. GY all season tires.
congrats, and the Matrix headlights?

Model Y LR, 5 Seats, FSD, Red Paint, Black Interior, 20" Induction Wheels, No Tow Hitch.
Ordered March 4,2022
This is our fourth Tesla, still own the other 3
VIN: PF597XXX
Build date: 11/01/2022
Delivery date: 11/09/2022
Carlsbad, CA

Went to take delivery today and had to refuse delivery.

1) Chip down to the metal on on the rear hatch
2) Orange peel on right rear panel
3) Left rear tail light full of moisture
4) One panel had been repaired with touch up paint

I can confirm that it had matrix headlights.

They matched me with an identical car with VIN PF593XXX a build date of 11/03/22 and pickup is moved to tomorrow. They look up and the build says global headlights which they believe to be the matrix headlights.

Model Y LR, 5 Seats, FSD, Red Paint, Black Interior, 20" Induction Wheels, No Tow Hitch.
Ordered March 4,2022
Carlsbad, CA

They matched me with an identical car with VIN PF593XXX a build date of 11/03/22 and pickup is moved to tomorrow. They look up and the build says global headlights which they believe to be the matrix headlights.
Nice move. Were you be able to reject delivery and match another VIN in-person on site?
How you handle the insurance? or loan if any?

Ordered March 4,2022
Carlsbad, CA

That sounds similar to the MY we received, lol. Rear hatch had a chip down to the metal. Left rear tail light had condensation. Matrix light. We decided to keep it tho. Just dropped it off at the service center today but they did give us a loaner so that’s pretty nice.

Attachments

• 08BBA6AC-CA4D-4471-A44C-9AFD44E1142F.jpeg
    08BBA6AC-CA4D-4471-A44C-9AFD44E1142F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 91