Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y has anyone received 2023 VIN yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seemingly the regular headlight is back in stock so we're no longer seeing Matrix headlight subs. Also curious that even newer VIN are not getting updates cameras. I assumed it was going to be the new standard.
One theory could be that all MYLRs should be non-matrix lights but occacionally the stock ran out so they borrowed some parts from MYP to make sure the out-of-stock situation does not cause any production delay.

Reactions: Ron Swanson
Classic Tesla... You can only pick up your vehicle over Thanksgiving weekend. 🤪
309E8311-B6B7-428D-A31F-4866EF4D7452.jpeg

Do they really only allot 15 minutes? I thought most people spent a significant amount of time looking over the car. Is the 15 minutes just for the title work, etc, and they let you take as much time as you need to inspect it?

I just picked up in Chicago last Saturday. From my experience, 15 minute slots mean nothing, though if you had no trade-in or extra questions, you probably could get in/out that fast. I'd expect 30 minutes to be more of the norm.

I was there for more like 45 minutes, but they had moved my appointment up a few days, so the car was inside a garage still after being prepped for delivery. They helped me complete some paperwork to apply for an IL EV rebate, we had to make a service appointment to fix a scratch on the car, I had a trade-in and brought my 3d mats to put in the car right away. Most people probably don't take as much time as I did, but they in no way were trying to hurry me out of there.

Reactions: EVRangeReviews
I received the USS notice today and after accepting I was immediately shown my assigned vin.

MYLR, White/White, 5-seat, tow hitch, standard wheels, no FSD (I have FSD beta now... Not doing that again 😂)

OD: 3/22
Region: new england
ED: early 12/22
Vin: PF608

Reactions: OCREP24
My delivery appointment was for 10AM on September19th. I was not able to leave with my Y until shortly after 3:30 PM. The SA's at the Lawrenceville, NJ were terrific and helpful. Although my balance owed on the Tesla App showed zero, the problem was Bank of America that failed to email me a document to be electronically signed to actually release the loan money to Tesla. They did allow me to inspect my vehicle where I could not find a single thing wrong with it. It took a long time but I finally left happy. Had I taken the loan from Tesla, I would have had a higher interest rate but would have been out in 15 minutes.

My rejected 2022 VIN order came off hold today, and a few hours after hold released, got a new 2023 vin!

Looks like from austin and pretty high serial number.

VIN: PA0339xx
Estimated Delivery: November 26- December 3
Build: LR, 19" wheels, MSM, Autopilot
Order Date: December 2021
I just got my new 2023 Vin as well after rejecting a 2022 Vin and placing my order on a one time 7 day hold.

VIN: PA0344xx
Estimated Delivery: Dec 2 - Dec 11
Build: LR, 19" wheels, Black/Black, No tow, no FSD
Order Date: March/2022

What, exactly, is the process of rejecting a 2022 VIN? And what might I expect to happen with my delivery date, or price paid out the door? My SA is extremely proactive about getting every single car assigned and out the door immediately. I am expecting some blow-back if something like this happens to me.

What, exactly, is the process of rejecting a 2022 VIN? And what might I expect to happen with my delivery date, or price paid out the door? My SA is extremely proactive about getting every single car assigned and out the door immediately. I am expecting some blow-back if something like this happens to me.
You simply tell your SA, "I decline to accept delivery of this vehicle. I respectfully request a 2023 vin."

If this is your first time rejecting a car, your price will remain the same, although your delivery date could slip several weeks. If this is not the first time, you will be given an ultimatum: buy the car or forfeit your place in line (and your order fee).

No need worrying about something that hasn't happened yet though.

Reactions: Bikeman
I received a VIN last month but was not able to complete all the tasks so I put my order on hold and the app was estimating delivery in December. Then earlier this week I received notification for the same exact VIN was assigned to me. My Model Y LR was home delivered yesterday... The delivery guy came 2 hours early but I was in a meeting so I wasn't able to chat with him too long. He said he put the keys in the car and when I looked everything over, just accept in the app and the doors would unlock. He used an Uber to go back to the Fremont Factory. It's a 2023 model, produced in October-22, has the matrix headlights, rear cargo cover but no USS. Enjoying it.